website statistics

Totallympics International Song Contest Discussion

11 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

No, I'm bringing my pitchfork and it's on fire. Much as I would personally like to see new hosts, everyone who entered accepted this format of picking a host and I don't think it's fair to, once the result was different than hoped for, go all pitchforky on it.

*storing pitchfork

Just a clarification that I was not pitchforking because things didn't end up as I hoped.. If you read this thread you'd see that I never spoke against Algeria as host. I'm all for new users hosting, whoever it is, because: A) someone new will get a chance, B) other interested first timers will have a bigger chance next time. So everyone would be on a happy, level-playing field in much shorter time.

Pitchfork out.

#banbestmen

4 minutes ago, dcro said:

Just a clarification that I was not pitchforking because things didn't end up as I hoped.. If you read this thread you'd see that I never spoke against Algeria as host. I'm all for new users hosting, whoever it is, because: A) someone new will get a chance, B) other interested first timers will have a bigger chance next time. So everyone would be on a happy, level-playing field in much shorter time.

Pitchfork out.

I'm in no way saying or suggesting (or at least trying to suggest) that you did. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, dcro said:

Pitchfork out.

even if you were the only candidat they will find the way to refuse your host and give it to the less interested  

3 hours ago, dcro said:

But I will refrain from further comments on the subject. Apparently it's always easy to criticize those who speak their mind, even if in this case I was just bringing up the actual facts.

So you can store your pitchforks.

If it’s any consolation your my favorite user (who talks about equestrian). I think your points are valid, but too late for this edition. If the US wins I’ll try to make a deal for a new host to host in our place

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

I think that people are forgetting that TISC is a competition about fun and bringing people together.

So far, I've witnessed Serbia being bullied out of the bidding process.

And lastly, when Mexico agrees to bid with Croatia's and Algeria's chances enhanced, they are STILL being villainised after they've won :rolleyes:

After the way this process was conducted, I'd love to congratulate @mrv86 on the victory and hosting of TISC, good luck and I'll be waiting for an exciting show :)

When are the French yellow vests entering this thread? I feel riots. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

21 minutes ago, Werloc said:

I think that people are forgetting that TISC is a competition about fun and bringing people together.

So far, I've witnessed Serbia being bullied out of the bidding process.

And lastly, when Mexico agrees to bid with Croatia's and Algeria's chances enhanced, they are STILL being villainised after they've won :rolleyes:

After the way this process was conducted, I'd love to congratulate @mrv86 on the victory and hosting of TISC, good luck and I'll be waiting for an exciting show :)

All my remarks have been about how things are done, and not actual participants. If you have read the thread, you would have seen that I congratulated Mexico.

#banbestmen

1 minute ago, dcro said:

All my remarks have been about how things are done, and not actual participants. If you have read the thread, you would have seen that I congratulated Mexico.

You forget there's also a wild bestmen out there insulting everyone :)

If New Zealand gets the hosting rights we'll base the users we like on Cook Islands and those we don't like in Ross Dependency. 

bestmen will be based in Hobbiton, of course.

Edited by Wanderer

If the Netherlands gets hosting rights we most likely get this entire circus again :p