website statistics

Totallympics International Song Contest Discussion

• 3 months later...

Ok, so a few weeks have passed since the TISC Annual Contest 2016 and with still a couple of months to go until the next TISC Open 2016 now is the ideal time to open up a discussion about the next contest.

As most users will recall, there was a change in the criteria made for the TISC Open 2015 which meant that songs released in the previous 5 years were excluded from the selection process. In the TISC Open 2013 and 2014 there was no restriction in terms of release dates. I would like to gauge the opinion of users in terms of how successful this rule change was. So I will conduct a questionnaire to get an idea so we can again go forward with consensus.

Question 1:

What was your impression of the rule change introduced TISC Open Contests in 2015?

(a) I liked it and would like all TISC Open Contests in the foreseeable future to continue with that rule

(b) I am still unsure of the merits but would like to give this rule another year at least

(c) I would prefer to re-examine that rule with a view to change the time restriction for TISC Open 2016

(d) I would prefer to abolish the rule change and go back to the original format with no restriction in terms of release date

All users who have participated in a previous song contest may vote. If a sizeable number of users want to re-examine or change the rule then we will discuss it in more detail. If a majority of users are happy to continue with the rule for this year or beyond then we will go again with the same format as in TISC Open 2015.

Question 2:

How should TISC contests be organised in terms of hosting?

(a) The previous winner should always have the first option to host the contest

(b) It should always be open to all bidders regardless of who won the previous contest

I will allow 2 weeks for users to respond to the survey so closing date will be Friday 15th July (22:00 GMT).

Thanks in advance for your feedback and feel free to express any opinions on any aspect of TISC events.

Edited by OlympicIRL

Just now, OlympicIRL said:

Question:

What was your impression of the rule change introduced TISC Open Contests in 2015?

first this rule is not really important for me , 5 years it's ok , besides if you remove this restriction I would have hundreds of songs on my list , the choice will be tough

the rule  that bothers me is  about the "host" , we should vote for the host like they do in the OG /World cup  ,NOT THE WINNER OF THE LAST EDITION

this is totally cheating because europe is always the winner

so other continents will never host

Just now, bestmen said:

first this rule is not really important for me , 5 years it's ok , besides if you remove this restriction I would have hundreds of songs on my list , the choice will be tough

the rule  that bothers me is  about the "host" , we should vote for the host like they do in the OG /World cup  ,NOT THE WINNER OF THE LAST EDITION

this is totally cheating because europe is always the winner

so other continents will never host

Ok, we will have a vote about that too then. I will add it to the questionnaire ;)

Can I chose "A and a half"? :d

I'm mostly between A and B and really can't decide :p 

Both are fine for me.. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

How should TISC contests be organised in terms of hosting?

(a) The previous winner should always have the first option to host the contest

A :)

No obligation but indeed the first option to choose. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, OlympicIRL said:

I can put you in for half (a), half (b) if you like? :d

Deal :d