2019  OP 4 12 0 0%
2019  A 5 15 5 33%
2018  OP 4 12 2 16%
2018  A 4 12 1 8%
2017  OP 4 12 0 0
2017  A  4 12 3 25%
2016  A 4 12 1 8%

TOT 87 12 13,79%

You can see that we talk about a little cases and if only one voted this song and others members No the songs wasn't so good........

ITALY jury have always voted the winner of the contest, the actual system isn't so bad........:p

Detail of top 3 not voted (12 of 87)

1st = 1 time

2nd= 6 time

3rd = 5 time

The 18 points at the first song of each members are unnecessary, i voted for E option

Thanks for this info, it's the kind of detail I was interested in as I did not have access to the Italian jury votes.

What I am most interested in is how many times a jury member's top preference did not appear in the overall votes and that was only once.

The bottom line for me is that I will not impose a format on the Italian jury against the will of the Italian jury. The more I think of that, the more I feel strongly about that as it would be unfair. So I don't know how to resolve that without giving your national jury the right to decide itself which format works best for you.

6 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

What I am most interested in is how many times a jury member's top preference did not appear in the overall votes and that was only once.

It's important to note that it happened the only time Italy had 5 jurors.

#banbestmen

5 minutes ago, dcro said:

It's important to note that it happened the only time Italy had 5 jurors.

Yes indeed. And not surprising either as with greater number of jury members, it's more likely that a song voted only by one member will not make the combined.

I just feel uncomfortable now with this whole process as a couple of Italian jury members say that they do not think it should be imposed on them without their wish.

That's why I am considering whether it's more appropriate to delegate this decision to the Italian jury to decide themselves which format suits them best.

I think for all juries with 3 members (or perhaps even 4 given the above stats) don't have any such problems with their combined votes. So maybe if we say that once a jury goes up to 4 or 5+ members, they can decide themselves whether they would like to retain the traditional format, or tweak it as they wish. Guidance very much needed here from everyone as I don't want to tread on any toes as I don't feel like I am in a position to view this fairly from the perspective of being in a single member jury.

Last statistic: how many songs remain without points after the combined votes of Italian jury?

excluded
  members song
2019  OP 4 14
2019 A 5 17
2018  OP 4 15
2018 A 4 17
2017 OP 4 10
2017 A  4 10
2016 A 4 12
Edited by Henry_Leon

Totallympics International Song Contest: Rule Change Question

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcREGElM801LvSjpF_9wsmE

Question:

In the case of multi-member juries with more than 3 jury members, the internal voting should be structured to allow each member of that jury to award points in which of the following formats?

(a) 18-15-12-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1

(b) 16-13-11-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1

(c) 15-12-10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1

(d) 14-11-10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1

(e) 12-11-10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1

(a) 7 votes

(b) 3 votes

(c) 1 vote

(d) 0 votes

(e) 2 votes

So it is clear that a majority of users preferred the point format 18-15-12-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1.

I will not enforce this format on any jury against their will, instead for national juries with 4 or more members, they will be allowed to opt in to this points format if they wish. If not, they will use the standard points format, as will all juries with fewer than 4 members.

As this only affects the Italian jury at this time, I will ask @Dunadan @Gianlu33 @Henry_Leon @Pablita and @SteveParker to debate amongst themselves to decide which format the Italian jury will choose for the upcoming TISC Annual 2020 - the standard format of 12-11-10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 or the optional format of 18-15-12-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1. Perhaps it would be good for you to create a private group chat and have a vote on your format choice . After this you can post on the TISC Annual 2020 thread to report which format you have decided so that the host will know how to calculate the combined scores.

I hope this is the best outcome for all. We have decided on an optional point formal for large multi-member juries but will not impose this format on that jury and instead it will be their decision whether to implement it.

And once again, thanks to everyone who has voiced their opinions and who has taken the time to cast a vote :hatoff:

• 2 weeks later...

@konig @KingOfTheRhinos @Function CR Lee @Manulete @Wumo @Agger @Bohemia @Benolympique @Janakis @Vektor @Ashton @Griff88 @OlympicIRL @Gianlu33 @Henry_Leon @Pablita @SteveParker @Dunadan @Glen @mrv86 @Khadidja Aisha @heywoodu @Wanderer @Skijumpingmaster @rybak @kungshamra71 @IoNuTzZ @DaniSRB @hckosice @Cobi @Belle @amen09 @Illya @dezbee2008 @NaBUru38 @dcro @Werloc @vinipereira @Olympian1010 @justony @Dnl

As most of you know by now, TISC Annual 2020 has hit a major bump in the road. The host had to be removed from his duties after refusing the participation of another user. As such, I have locked the TISC Annual 2020 thread until we figure out where to go from here.

First thing to say is that the contest will certainly go ahead.

Secondly, I hope to have the contest back up and running sooner rather than later as we already have many nations with entries submitted. But the contest won't be rushed either for the sake of it. So we will allow a chance for any users who did not want to participate in the contest previously to now come onboard and take their place in the contest. Hopefully all of those who boycotted the event can now get behind the contest once again.

The most important thing then is to decide what to do about hosting. @dcro and @Olympian1010 previously submitted bids for the contest. I don't know how interested any of you would be on taking up the mantle in such short notice. I also understand that hosts want time to prepare content to welcome us to their country so I would never want to make it feel like a host has to take a second hand experience of hosting. But I do feel it's the legitimate decision to at least give them a say on whether they want to take this over or not.

I am also open to suggestions regarding the hosting and in general about how to get this ball rolling again. I will volunteer myself for hosting duties also if it is needed.

Thanks for your understanding and I really would appreciate your guidance here.

OlympicIRL

it would be cool if the contest went to Croatia, since the US has hosted recently. Although, perhaps someone else wants to run for hosting duties now too?

It is also a fair point that perhaps they don't want to start the hosting process on such short notice, it would be great to hear from both parties.

29 minutes ago, Belle said:

So sad that this edition is cancelled for now. I’m waiting for updates. 

The C-word is banned, it's only postponed :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

@OlympicIRL Already declared my interest to host yesterday :p

I already ideas for what I want in place, but I would have to see in @dezbee2008 would be okay with my vision.

I’m with Croatia too, but I hate uncontested bid processes (cough*2024/2028*cough)

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela