website statistics

Totallympics International Song Contest Discussion

It would be impossible to rank all songs. I struggle for weeks to get my 8th to 16th, I don't know how much time I would need to re-listen and rank the songs that I don't care about at all :p

Edit: if we had semi-finals like in Eurovision, it would be a more plausible idea, because you wouldn't get overwhelmed with 40 songs at once.

Edit 2: I'm not suggesting that we need semis

Edited by Werloc

3 hours ago, intoronto said:

I like Dcro's idea (all songs should be ranked for multiple juries, I mean this isn't a hard task, because everyone will listen to all songs).

If I had to pick one of the options, I would pick A

I also would like a vote on @dcro proposal @OlympicIRL. I also think it should apply to all multi-member juries.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

8 hours ago, Werloc said:

It would be impossible to rank all songs. I struggle for weeks to get my 8th to 16th, I don't know how much time I would need to re-listen and rank the songs that I don't care about at all :p

Edit: if we had semi-finals like in Eurovision, it would be a more plausible idea, because you wouldn't get overwhelmed with 40 songs at once.

Edit 2: I'm not suggesting that we need semis

Well, it's the only way of avoiding random draws. That is, unless we get very, very unlucky.

#banbestmen

20 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

I also would like a vote on @dcro proposal @OlympicIRL. I also think it should apply to all multi-member juries.

I think imposing that on multi juries and not on other juries would be unfair. I personally don’t see the need to rank all 30-40 songs. I spend a lot of time analysing my favourites to make sure I award them the points I think they deserve. If I had to do the same for 40 songs it would mean I wouldn’t be able to spend that time to make the quality analysis.

9 hours ago, OlympicIRL said:

I think imposing that on multi juries and not on other juries would be unfair. I personally don’t see the need to rank all 30-40 songs. I spend a lot of time analysing my favourites to make sure I award them the points I think they deserve. If I had to do the same for 40 songs it would mean I wouldn’t be able to spend that time to make the quality analysis.

This, exactly.

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!