website statistics

Totallympics International Song Contest Discussion

Ok thanks guys for these suggestions. I will allow the original poll to stand for now but I’m definitely seeing the need for a supplementary question or maybe even a poll to replace this one.

Almost everyone is agreeing that it is worthwhile to change the format for multi-member juries but the format might need tweaked.

I think a better poll then might not be to ask if users agree yes or no, but to create a poll with a range of formats and one option for to keep the status quo and then we will be able to gauge the most desirable option.

I’ll see if I can create a new post with a more detailed range of options and tag everyone on it.

Totallympics International Song Contest: Rule Change Question

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcREGElM801LvSjpF_9wsmE

Ok so given how the voting was going (everyone voting for Option A) and due to some comments about agreeing but having concerns about the points format, I think the fairest thing is to scrap the original poll and continue with a revised one. The revised poll will still allow users to disagree with any proposed changes, however, instead of having a simple agree, disagree, this poll will offer a range of options in terms of the format.

So to remind everyone of the background of this poll, on the TISC Annual 2020 thread, @Dunadan has brought up the idea of changing the internal voting format for multi-member juries as he feels the current system in large multi-member juries means that the preferences of one member can be completely wiped out by the combined voting.

As such I thought it would be a worthwhile exercise to gauge the opinion of the wider TISC community on this issue.

It is important to be clear here that this does not mean that a large multi-member jury will award more points than any other jury. The internal points will be combined as normal to create a set of points from 12 to 1, in the same way that all national juries will award their points.

Question:

In the case of multi-member juries with more than 3 jury members, the internal voting should be structured to allow each member of that jury to award points in which of the following formats?

(a) 18-15-12-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1

(b) 16-13-11-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1

(c) 15-12-10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1

(d) 14-11-10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1

(e) 12-11-10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1

Apologies to all who voted in the original poll. Thank you for your votes and opinions as you have enabled a more clear and accurate poll to be created. However, I need you all to read through the revised poll and again cast a vote for your preference.

We will put a deadline of  Friday, 31st January 21:00 GMT for members to vote on this issue and whatever option receives the majority vote, the result of this poll will be implemented in time for the upcoming TISC Annual 2020 in Algeria and the rules will be edited accordingly.

Only users who have participated in a previous TISC event are permitted to vote in this poll.

I will not participate in the vote unless there is a tie in the result at which point I will cast a vote to break the deadlock.

Thank you for continued your attention :hatoff:

@bestmen @konig @LDOG @KingOfTheRhinos @titicow @vinipereira @intoronto @Manulete @Function CR Lee @dcro @Agger @Wumo @thepharoah @Finnator123 @Bohemia @Benolympique @uk12points @Janakis @Vektor @Fly_like_a_don @Griff88 @Ruslan @Werloc @Glen @mrv86 @Ionoutz24 @heywoodu @Wanderer @Skijumpingmaster @rybak @kungshamra71 @IoNuTzZ @DaniSRB @hckosice @justony @Cobi @Belle @amen09 @tuniscof @dezbee2008 @Olympian1010 @stefanbg @Damian @catgamer @Quasit @Dolby @Monzanator @kungshamra71 @FC Mezhgorye @Jur @Memo @Argenis Gonzalez @Henry_Leon @SteveParker @Pablita @Gianlu33

I have no idea, but let's go with A because that seems to have the biggest chance of making sure at least everyone's favourite gets point(s).

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, Werloc said:

I'll go for B, since it's the closest thing to what I suggested :lol:

Even if I liked the 15-13-11 a bit better :p

I was going to include your option but it was too similar to (b) with 16 points so I thought, better not :d