website statistics

Totallympics International Song Contest Discussion

1 hour ago, Gianlu33 said:

Honestly I don't know if this scale of values will be fair, of course it will be more fair than the current one. 

I vote but I think that after the 2020 contest we should consider if it could be improve and if it's better than the past scale

I think that’s a fair suggestion so if the new change is implemented we will look at it after the contest and maybe even after each of the first couple of editions to see if it is proving effective.

One thing to look for is whether (a) the favourite of each member is making it into the combined vote and (b) whether the songs that are being voted for by each member or by the majority are still making it in also. I think if those 2 conditions are being met it will prove to be a good change. If not then we can consider revising the scale. 

I don’t have access to the individual votes of the Italian jury from previous editions so I can’t project how it might operate so I can only review it after each of the next couple of editions and then offer a review of how it seems to be working and what isn’t working. 

I would agree with A, but the point distribution is just too severe.

18 - 15 - 12 ... 9, 8 etc

For example, one person with a very different taste in music now has as much points for his first place as two users giving a fourth place to a song. The combined vote is probably going to be the Top 3 of every juror, with some combined effort getting the low 3,2,1 points.

If we're going with this change, I'd advise 15 - 13 - 11 - 9,8,7 etc system, that way two users giving a 5th place to a song would be one point higher than someone's first pick, but 15 points would definitely be enough to get into that top 12.

I have the combined vote of Italy back when I hosted. 4 users participated. 15 points would be in sixth, so 18 points is definitely a bit too much for the standings.

5 minutes ago, Werloc said:

I would agree with A, but the point distribution is just too severe.

18 - 15 - 12 ... 9, 8 etc

For example, one person with a very different taste in music now has as much points for his first place as two users giving a fourth place to a song. The combined vote is probably going to be the Top 3 of every juror, with some combined effort getting the low 3,2,1 points.

If we're going with this change, I'd advise 15 - 13 - 11 - 9,8,7 etc system, that way two users giving a 5th place to a song would be one point higher than someone's first pick, but 15 points would definitely be enough to get into that top 12.

I have the combined vote of Italy back when I hosted. 4 users participated. 15 points would be in sixth, so 18 points is definitely a bit too much for the standings.

Alternatively you could have 16-13-11-9-8... - just a little extra for the top pick.

#banbestmen