website statistics

Totallympics International Song Contest Discussion

31 minutes ago, rybak said:

I'm a little confused, which contest bestmen will host? The spring or autmn one?

Spring.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

3 hours ago, dcro said:

@OlympicIRL and I have a special assignment for you. We have been gathering stats about all TISC songs, but weren't able to find the Year of Release for these two songs... Any help would be much appreciated!

:CHN China - 2019 Open

I'm not 100% sure this is correct. From my research, it seems it was released in 1987. It was composed by Gu Jianfen and written by Wang Jian in 1986. Liu Huan was the first to sing the song in 1987 at the "Gu Jianfen Concert" which was held in Beijing that year. The same year in December, Mao Amin, the singer in the video, sang it at the fourth Yugoslav Belgrade International Popular Music Festival. 

I have the information from this site: https://baike.baidu.com/item/绿叶对根的情意/8676220 (Bear in mind, I have used google translate.)

Totally forget this but congratulations to Algeria :yikes: :d 

Although the biggest shock was that The Shining creep that scared the bejesus out of me.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 2 weeks later...

These days I have been reading the rules and I have a doubt about the elegibility of a song. In case the song is a collab between a singer of Country A (main singer) and a duet (or band) of Country B, would that song be elegible for Country A? Would it be different if the collab is with only a singer of Country B instead of a duet/band?

Section 2 (Artist chocie and eligibility) only mentions the case of bands, but I'm not sure if a collab should also be included here.

7 hours ago, Cobi said:

These days I have been reading the rules and I have a doubt about the elegibility of a song. In case the song is a collab between a singer of Country A (main singer) and a duet (or band) of Country B, would that song be elegible for Country A? Would it be different if the collab is with only a singer of Country B instead of a duet/band?

Section 2 (Artist chocie and eligibility) only mentions the case of bands, but I'm not sure if a collab should also be included here.

As always there are grey areas and we take them on a case-by-case basis (see example of the Moldovan song in the previous contest).

Just because the singer is outnumbered by band members does not mean that the song could not represent the nation of the singer. We would look at how the song is credited (who is the featured artist or if it is a 50-50 collaboration, etc.). If you want you can PM me the example and I could look at it and it would be easier for me to explain.