website statistics

Totallympics International Song Contest Discussion

Totallympics International Song Contest: Questionnaire

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcREGElM801LvSjpF_9wsmE

The voting period has closed and we have the results of the Questionnaire....

Question 1:

Should the registration, voting and preparation periods for TISC be reduced as follows in order to shorten the length of time it takes to complete a TISC edition:

Maximum of 2 weeks for registration

Maximum of 2 weeks for voting (a maximum 3 days of which will be allocated to the host to cast their votes)

Maximum of 2 weeks for preparation

(a) Yes, I agree with these changes

(b) No, I do not agree to these changes

Result:

Option (a) 9 votes

Option (b) 1 vote

Outcome:

Starting with the next TISC, we will implement the proposal to streamline the maximum length of time for registration, voting and preparation periods.

Question 2:

Should we hold a once-off summer festival for TISC this year (most likely involving nations who are not represented at TISC or some other variation on the usual TISC model)?

(a) Yes

(b) No

Result:

Option (a) 2 votes

Option (b) 5 votes

Outcome:

We remain with the traditional 2 TISC events per year (the Annual and the Open editions).

Thanks to all who voted in the questionnaire :yes

Edited by OlympicIRL

I had an idea a while back...

What if during (of right before) the Tokyo 2020 games we have a TISC special competition that only features national anthems? I think that it wouldn’t be a lot of work. It could be done in 1-2 weeks top. Anyone could host if they wish. Any country could play even if they don’t meet normal TISC requirements. Thoughts?

Yes, I know we just voted down a similar proposal, but I think this one is different, much easier to put on, and worth a try.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

5 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I had an idea a while back...

What if during (of right before) the Tokyo 2020 games we have a TISC special competition that only features national anthems? I think that it wouldn’t be a lot of work. It could be done in 1-2 weeks top. Anyone could host if they wish. Any country could play even if they don’t meet normal TISC requirements. Thoughts?

Yes, I know we just voted down a similar proposal, but I think this one is different, much easier to put on, and worth a try.

It's a nice idea I guess. Judging by the previous vote, not sure if the majority wants another TISC-related event in the calendar. But don't see why it can't be a stand-alone event within the forum.

3 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

It's a nice idea I guess. Judging by the previous vote, not sure if the majority wants another TISC-related event in the calendar. But don't see why it can't be a stand-alone event within the forum.

I thinking that we run it the week (or two) before the Tokyo games begin. Users just need to say that they’re country is participating, or we allow all anthems to participate, and then users vote (method TBD), and the podium is revealed the day of the opening Ceremony.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I thinking that we run it the week (or two) before the Tokyo games begin. Users just need to say that they’re country is participating, or we allow all anthems to participate, and then users vote (method TBD), and the podium is revealed the day of the opening Ceremony.

I guess all nations' anthems could participate. And you could always run heats or semis since that is a lot of nations :d

2 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

I guess all nations' anthems could participate. And you could always run heats or semis since that is a lot of nations :d

I’d say do Continental semifinals (best 2 advancing), and then a grand final of the 12 winners.