website statistics

Totallympics International Song Contest Discussion

2 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I’d say one do one “contest” for each Olympic region (so 5 all together), voting should be either just vote for your favorite (most votes wins) or award medals (best medal tally wins). I would also recommend a total points tally over the five tour stops to determine a world tour winner. The stops “competitions” should not last for more than 11 days. I’d be willing to help run it. I would also say that we amend the rules for TISC participation and make the only entry requirement participation in one world tour event. Those are my thoughts.

I really don't think we should let TISC participation have something to do with whether or not you participated in a more fun-oriented thing like this potential world tour.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I really don't think we should let TISC participation have something to do with whether or not you participated in a more fun-oriented thing like this potential world tour.

Well it would show that you can meet deadlines, follow all participation rules, and behave yourself (or not be allowed to join TISC). What more is needed to eligible for TISC?

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Well it would show that you can meet deadlines, follow all participation rules, and behave yourself (or not be allowed to join TISC). What more is needed to eligible for TISC?

I would say if you enter one of those things, you're allowed to enter TISC, but I would not say that if you don't enter one, you're automatically not allowed to enter TISC.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

7 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I would say if you enter one of those things, you're allowed to enter TISC, but I would not say that if you don't enter one, you're automatically not allowed to enter TISC.

Well I proposed that rule to increase participation rates in both, but I would be fine agreeing with what you stated.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2018 Annual (308)

2018 Open (263)

2019 Annual (236)

Those are the numbers of pages in the respective threads. So, no, TISC is not really in the place that makes seeking more and more events justified. Inflation wouldn't help anyone. Hell, sometimes I feel like even two contests is too much.

One fun contests that could be more feasible is the Winners TISC edition. All previous winners (quite fittingly, there are 12 of them) go head-to-head to decide the GOAT.

And, no, I don't think OlympicIRL votes would look like this:

Ireland

Ireland

Ireland

Ireland

Ireland

Rest

Even if they do, it's just one votes.

#banbestmen

3 minutes ago, dcro said:

2018 Annual (308)

2018 Open (263)

2019 Annual (236)

Those are the numbers of pages in the respective threads. So, no, TISC is not really in the place that makes seeking more and more events justified. Inflation wouldn't help anyone. Hell, sometimes I feel like even two contests is too much.

My choice would be to just have a TISC where users from nations select songs, and then we vote for the songs and the songs/nations get points and the nation with the most points wins.

2 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

The number of pages written shows the decline at TISC interest. Some of us have less free time, then, admittedly the time span between the song selection, voting and the final should definitely be reduced as OlympicIRL proposed.

Yeah I lose interest before the TISC is over generally

7 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Yeah I lose interest before the TISC is over generally

I've never had interest because it takes too long. The idea is excellent, but I feel like everything is overthought: very long, potentially tedious and laborious for everybody involved. Maybe if we had a shorter, smaller event, with a less serious tone overall, it would be nice. This is why I proposed the World Tour, so we could just listen to the songs and have fun with it.

Totallympics International Song Contest: Questionnaire

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcREGElM801LvSjpF_9wsmE

There are 2 questions on the ballot paper this time. The first deals with the length of time allocated for registration, voting and preparation and the second asks whether users would like to see a special once-off event take place this summer to celebrate TISC.

Voting closes Sunday 9th June, 2019, 21:00 GMT.

Question 1:

Should the registration, voting and preparation periods for TISC be reduced as follows in order to shorten the length of time it takes to complete a TISC edition:

Maximum of 2 weeks for registration

Maximum of 2 weeks for voting (a maximum 3 days of which will be allocated to the host to cast their votes)

Maximum of 2 weeks for preparation

(a) Yes, I agree with these changes

(b) No, I do not agree to these changes

Question 2:

Should we hold a once-off summer festival for TISC this year (most likely involving nations who are not represented at TISC or some other variation on the usual TISC model)?

(a) Yes

(b) No

Edited by OlympicIRL