website statistics

Totallympics International Song Contest Discussion

1 minute ago, hckosice said:

so Curacao ?

That or Aruba was my plan actually, so thanks for ruining my joke.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

6 hours ago, Wanderer said:

So, the idea is to prevent "latewoodu"? 

Yes, we'll open registration, everyone has 24 hours to register and choose a song. The next day is voting day, followed by the Grand Final. Done and dusted within three days.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Yes, we'll open registration, everyone has 24 hours to register and choose a song. The next day is voting day, followed by the Grand Final. Done and dusted within three days.

bestmen envies you. :d 

6 hours ago, heywoodu said:

I would like to propose something like a "World Tour" TISC series.

My proposal is to hold different TISC events through the year, divided by continents or zones, with members from different nations picking up songs from smaller nations to represent. For example, let's suppose we create "TISC South America", and members from Argentina, Brazil, Guyana, Chile and Uruguay (the ones I remember are part of the forum) pick their songs, while other members act as an "honorary" citizens from the other nations and choose one song from this country for the contest. Then everybody involved in the contest vote and results are published on a set date. No need to make it a big event, just publish it and that's it. This way we'd be able to listen to songs from the whole world and maybe we'd get to know more about other countries.

So we're getting a little Eurovision hosting preview from the Netherlands next year. Congrats and welcome to the hosting party @heywoodu

Also, I might give the reduction of time a try, especially when life doesn't give you a lot of it anyway

6 hours ago, thiago_simoes said:

I would like to propose something like a "World Tour" TISC series.

My proposal is to hold different TISC events through the year, divided by continents or zones, with members from different nations picking up songs from smaller nations to represent. For example, let's suppose we create "TISC South America", and members from Argentina, Brazil, Guyana, Chile and Uruguay (the ones I remember are part of the forum) pick their songs, while other members act as an "honorary" citizens from the other nations and choose one song from this country for the contest. Then everybody involved in the contest vote and results are published on a set date. No need to make it a big event, just publish it and that's it. This way we'd be able to listen to songs from the whole world and maybe we'd get to know more about other countries.

I do like the idea of getting to hear songs from obscure nations or even nations that are unrepresented at TISC. That was always the idea behind the Festival of Music.

I guess something like this is possible if there is the right criteria involved. For example, it might be a good idea to limit the tour to nations that did not have a TISC representative.

And maybe to follow the same rules as TISC Annual (only songs in the last 12 months), so that if a user suddenly appears from that nation and registers in TISC, they still have the chance to choose whatever entry from their nation they wish. We won't have used up one of their picks.

Maybe there could be a different voting style instead of the traditional 1-12 points (probably necessary anyway for continents such as South America where there won't be a lot of nations).

Also it would probably be best if it was a once-off event, for that same reason that we don't want to exhaust the future song choices of those unregistered nations and I know from previous votes, there is not a big appetite for more than 2 TISCs a year (even if this would be a more laid-back sort of contest).

Does anyone else have any opinions on the suggestion put forward by @thiago_simoes ? We could put it to a vote later in the week also to see if users would like to see this.

10 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

I do like the idea of getting to hear songs from obscure nations or even nations that are unrepresented at TISC. That was always the idea behind the Festival of Music.

I guess something like this is possible if there is the right criteria involved. For example, it might be a good idea to limit the tour to nations that did not have a TISC representative.

And maybe to follow the same rules as TISC Annual (only songs in the last 12 months), so that if a user suddenly appears from that nation and registers in TISC, they still have the chance to choose whatever entry from their nation they wish. We won't have used up one of their picks.

Maybe there could be a different voting style instead of the traditional 1-12 points (probably necessary anyway for continents such as South America where there won't be a lot of nations).

Also it would probably be best if it was a once-off event, for that same reason that we don't want to exhaust the future song choices of those unregistered nations and I know from previous votes, there is not a big appetite for more than 2 TISCs a year (even if this would be a more laid-back sort of contest).

Does anyone else have any opinions on the suggestion put forward by @thiago_simoes ? We could put it to a vote later in the week also to see if users would like to see this.

I’d say one do one “contest” for each Olympic region (so 5 all together), voting should be either just vote for your favorite (most votes wins) or award medals (best medal tally wins). I would also recommend a total points tally over the five tour stops to determine a world tour winner. The stops “competitions” should not last for more than 11 days. I’d be willing to help run it. I would also say that we amend the rules for TISC participation and make the only entry requirement participation in one world tour event. Those are my thoughts.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela