website statistics

Totallympics International Song Contest Discussion

14 minutes ago, dcro said:

TISC broadcast would be very gimmicky. Why would otherwise someone follow a live stream of a forum topic? :lol:

Who said I’m live-streaming the forum? The powers that be have already had a discussion about this.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

15 minutes ago, dcro said:

TISC broadcast would be very gimmicky. Why would otherwise someone follow a live stream of a forum topic? :lol:

I’m also not 100% positive my idea will work, that’s why I want to start working early.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

On 26/04/2019 at 20:10, Olympian1010 said:

I know there’s a lot going on right now in the TAISC world, but I would like to know if Denmark plans to host the TISC Open. If so, I would like to start working with the organizing committee in an attempt to broadcast the TISC Open live on Totallympics TV. What I learned from the TAISC 2019 is that the planning needs to start way in advance, so it would help me a great if we could figure out who’s hosting it soon. Thank You in advance @wumo26 @Agger

If @wumo26 is up to doing a part of the work, I believe we will :)

• 4 weeks later...

Totallympics International Song Contest - Announcements:

A couple of important announcements to be made in the world of TISC today.

The first announcement relates to the length of time it takes between the date the TISC thread opens and the day of the Grand Final. I think it is fair to say that some momentum is being lost from the time songs are selected and voted upon until we get to the Grand Final. Therefore, I think a reduction in the length of time for the registration period, voting period and more importantly, a reduction in the length of time between the date the voting closes and the Grand Final would be beneficial. The reductions won't be anything drastic, but if it cuts maybe 2 weeks off the overall period of time, it may allow for a more dynamic process and hopefully will keep interest in the thread at a consistent level throughout.

The current rules state the following:

8. (a) The host organisation must allow a minimum of 3 weeks from the opening date for the national selection and the deadline to submit an entry. This is to give users enough time to see the thread, consider song and artist choices and submit their entries.

8. (b) The host organisation must allow a minimum of 2 weeks for National Juries to submit their votes during the National Jury voting phase. This is to allow jury members enough time to consider each song carefully before casting their votes.

Perhaps we should reduce the period of registration time to 2 weeks and keep the voting window at 2 weeks. Meaning we have 4 weeks given in total to registration and voting? There would still be a couple of days given to the host to cast their votes in between both windows, but this might help keep the momentum right through the process.

Also, I would recommend then to have the Grand Final no more than 2 weeks after the voting window closes. Obviously if the host needs more time then we will allow that, just like we always do, but that would be the recommendation.

Any thoughts on this? I will conduct a vote on this proposal in the next week so if there are any suggestions, please feel free to write them so we can include them there.

Secondly, and more importantly, the host of the next TISC Annual in 2020 has now been settled. Ladies and Gentlemen I am happy to announce that @heywoodu has agreed to take on the hosting duties after his runner-up finish at TISC Annual 2019. Therefore get your tickets booked, for TISC 2020 we are making our way to the  Netherlands  :NED:cheer:

Netherlands 2020

flag-netherlands-XL.jpg

4 hours ago, OlympicIRL said:

Secondly, and more importantly, the host of the next TISC Annual in 2020 has now been settled. Ladies and Gentlemen I am happy to announce that @heywoodu has agreed to take on the hosting duties after his runner-up finish at TISC Annual 2019. Therefore get your tickets booked, for TISC 2020 we are making our way to the  Netherlands  :NED:cheer:

in Amsterdam ?

1 minute ago, hckosice said:

in Amsterdam ?

Unknown yet, but we'll try and find a nice beach location to stay for Slovakia.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!