website statistics

Totallympics International Song Contest Discussion

Question 1:

How should TISC hosting rights be awarded if the winner declines their right to host the next edition?

(b) Open bid process where all interested parties can bid

Question 2:

If there is an open bid process, how would you rather it be conducted?

(b) First time hosts and previous hosts allowed to bid, but the draw will be weighted in favour of first time hosts

Question 3:

(a) unchanged, maintain the rule as it is

Question 1:

How should TISC hosting rights be awarded if the winner declines their right to host the next edition?

(b) Open bid process after all medallists decline

Question 2:

(b) First time hosts and previous hosts allowed to bid, but the draw will be weighted in favour of first time hosts

Added condition: non-winners need to have a cooling period before allowed to bid again. 

Question 3:

(a) unchanged, maintain the rule as it is

Mostly B, but kinda agree with @DaniSRB: the first X in the ranking should have the priority (maybe I'd go for top-3 instead of top-5), but if they decline, we can have an open bid process.

B, with first time hosts having a slight advantage

A and B are both fine for me. Much like for the prediction contests it feels (at least for me) like much more fun when you're competing/playing against/with people who you also 'meet' and talk to in the regular sports threads.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1. B (unless the runner-up from the previous contest wants to host)

2. C

3. B (there could be someone who has been on the forum for only a few weeks but is already very active on sport-related topics, so I would find it unfair for them not to participate to TISC just because they signed up on the forum a little bit too late. I'd say change the rule to 1 month?)

Question 1:

How should TISC hosting rights be awarded if the winner declines their right to host the next edition?

(b) Open bid process where all interested parties can bid

Question 2:

Question 3:

Rule 7 (a) in the TISC rulebook:

7. (a) Any first time participant must have been registered on the forum at least 2 months before they take part in the contest. The date used to calculate the 2 months rule will be 2 months prior to the National Selection deadline. A first time participant may be allowed special dispensation to participate in TISC, even if they do not fulfill the 2-month rule criteria. However, in such circumstances, that user must have shown a high level of activity in the forum in terms of posts and presence.

These rules are not designed to exclude, only to ensure TISC retains a distinct character, built upon a unique community atmosphere created by users of the forum.

(b) modified so that there is still some restriction, but want changes to the terms of this restriction