website statistics

Totallympics International Song Contest Discussion

Mexico is selected as 2019 Annual TISC host

534182438_taiscbidlogo.jpg.e15e6bdc27085a541aa7d448ce0cc348.jpg

After their bid was selected yesterday as the new host 2019 Totallympics International Song Contest, Mexico is making early plans to host the prestigious music competition. Being the first country to receive the annual edition five years ago, also as a replacement of original hosts, this time around the organizing committee is better prepared to take on the task.

“We have the strong duty to make 2019 TAISC edition one to remember”, explained bid CEO mrv86 “After all, two other deserving countries showed potential of being excellent hosts, so there’s a reason to do things not only right, but as spectacular as we can.”

“Five years ago, we could only imagine the enormous impact this contest would have; one edition after the other, we have seen dedication of so many people in organizing a beautiful show and welcoming the World to their respective culture. In many ways, this supports our bid motto: music does not have borders of any kind.”

“I personally would like to thank all the demonstrations of support received so far. It will be a pleasure to welcome you to  the city of Guadalajara, and share with you our music, heritage and traditions, as I’m sure each of you will do with your song selections. Without much further to add, except the promise to deliver a show worthy of each one of you, I’d like to present once more: México”

Mexico... the country you thought you knew

Spoiler

Excerpt from Danzón No. 2 by Arturo Marquez

Spoiler

Guadalajara, host city of 2019 Totallympics Song Contest

Spoiler

• 2 weeks later...

Totallympics International Song Contest: End of Year Congress 2018

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcREGElM801LvSjpF_9wsmE

As another TISC season draws to a close, TISC participants are invited to have their say on any changes or ideas they would like to see implemented in the future.

One item that will be up for public vote is how TISC awards hosting rights. We will therefore explore the various options and hold a vote to determine what is the preferred option by a majority of participants.

All Totallympics users are invited to have their say and for any public vote, all previous TISC participants will have a casting vote if they so wish.

A general outline for the hosting rights discussion will revolve around two issues:

- A process for how hosting rights are awarded if the winners refuse hosting rights (open bidding process, or awarded via ranking at previous contest)

- Should priority be given to first time hosts and to expand on this idea (i.e. if priority is given to first time hosts, does this mean that their chances are weighted in their favour in a game of luck, OR does it mean that if a first time host bids then all previous hosts are out of the race).

Once the various options are explored then we can put it to a public vote. If no ideas are put forward then I will create a fair set of options to put forward for public vote based on the outcome of discussions that happened on thread during the voting process for TISC Annual 2019.

One other issue I would like some input from users is the rules regarding first time users. This has really split opinion and we never had a public vote on it. The main crux of the issue is whether all first-time users should be included or whether we keep the rule 7(a) below or if we go for something in between:

7. (a) Any first time participant must have been registered on the forum at least 2 months before they take part in the contest. The date used to calculate the 2 months rule will be 2 months prior to the National Selection deadline. A first time participant may be allowed special dispensation to participate in TISC, even if they do not fulfill the 2-month rule criteria. However, in such circumstances, that user must have shown a high level of activity in the forum in terms of posts and presence.

These rules are not designed to exclude, only to ensure TISC retains a distinct character, built upon a unique community atmosphere created by users of the forum.

Thanks for your attention :hatoff:

@bestmen @konig @LDOG @Gigs @vinipereira @titicow @stefanbg @intoronto @Pabloffo @Damian @dcro @Agger @thepharoah @Finnator123 @Benolympique @Bohemia @uk12points @Janakis @Dolby @Griff88 @Werloc @Glen @mrv86 @heywoodu @Wanderer @rybak @kungshamra71 @africaboy @FC Mezhgorye @DaniSRB @dareza @hckosice @justony @Enrique @amen09 @tuniscof @Memo @dezbee2008 @Olympian1010

Edited by OlympicIRL

The only way I would ever agree to boot previous hosts out of the race in favour of first time hosts, is if there are 3 or 4 first time host bids in the running, because I want to avoid the prospect of a two horse race.

Although, it can also be a problem regarding how many first time hosts are passionate to host the event, because if there is a lot of them, adding the fact that some countries will not decline hosting rights after a win, then those previous hosts might have to wait till 2021 to ever even having a chance again, if they're not close to winning a competition.

6 hours ago, OlympicIRL said:

- A process for how hosting rights are awarded if the winners refuse hosting rights (open bidding process, or awarded via ranking at previous contest)

I think open bidding should be given priority if the winner refuse to host. After all, those who bid are willing to do their best and I think we understand the compromise around the job.

- Should priority be given to first time hosts and to expand on this idea (i.e. if priority is given to first time hosts, does this mean that their chances are weighted in their favour in a game of luck, OR does it mean that if a first time host bids then all previous hosts are out of the race).

Again, priority should be given to first time hosts, with their chances in a game of luck being greater than those of previous hosts.

Also, it could also be good to establish a period in which repeated winners or bidders can't host. Let's say one year for winners and three years for previous hosts.

The main crux of the issue is whether all first-time users should be included or whether we keep the rule 7(a) below or if we go for something in between:

I think the rule should stay the same; imo, it is fair enough as it will avoid seeing "ghost entries" and/or "users", who won't commit to the process.

• 2 weeks later...

Totallympics International Song Contest: Questionnaire

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcREGElM801LvSjpF_9wsmE

As promised, I have drawn up a questionnaire for TISC users to have their say. All previous TISC participants are allowed to vote and the majority answer on each question will be implemented in the TISC rules going forward. Some supplementary questions may be required as a follow-up based on the opinions expressed (for example if users want a degree of priority to be awarded to first time hosts, we will explore that further to determine the exact nature of that priority so that we can remove all ambiguity in the future). But for now, please vote on the following 3 questions. Voting closes Sunday 13th January 2019 21:00 GMT. I will remain neutral but if there is a tie between two or more options when the deadline has passed, I will cast a vote to break the tie.

Question 1:

How should TISC hosting rights be awarded if the winner declines their right to host the next edition?

(a) Awarded via ranking, with the next highest finisher being awarded the hosting rights

(b) Open bid process where all interested parties can bid

Question 2:

If there is an open bid process, how would you rather it be conducted?

(a) First time hosts given priority

(b) First time hosts and previous hosts allowed to bid, but the draw will be weighted in favour of first time hosts

(c) Completely open bidding, no priority given to any candidate and all are given equal chance

(d) I don't like any of these options

Question 3:

Rule 7 (a) in the TISC rulebook:

7. (a) Any first time participant must have been registered on the forum at least 2 months before they take part in the contest. The date used to calculate the 2 months rule will be 2 months prior to the National Selection deadline. A first time participant may be allowed special dispensation to participate in TISC, even if they do not fulfill the 2-month rule criteria. However, in such circumstances, that user must have shown a high level of activity in the forum in terms of posts and presence.

These rules are not designed to exclude, only to ensure TISC retains a distinct character, built upon a unique community atmosphere created by users of the forum.

Do you want this rule to be:

(a) unchanged, maintain the rule as it is

(b) modified so that there is still some restriction, but want changes to the terms of this restriction

(c) scrapped, get rid of this rule completely

Thank you for you attention, looking forward to receiving your opinions.

@bestmen @konig @LDOG @Gigs @vinipereira @titicow @stefanbg @intoronto @Pabloffo @Damian @dcro @Agger @thepharoah @Finnator123 @Benolympique @Bohemia @uk12points @Janakis @Dolby @Griff88 @Werloc @Glen @mrv86 @heywoodu @Wanderer @rybak @kungshamra71 @africaboy @FC Mezhgorye @DaniSRB @dareza @hckosice @justony @Enrique @amen09 @tuniscof @Memo @dezbee2008 @Olympian1010

Edited by OlympicIRL

A, but let's ask top 5, and maybe expand to top 10, if 3 out of 5 in top 5 hosted already, if all decline then bid

B, but rule to be known before bid, and not after candidats apply for bidding

B, i would say memo is good example for this rule (and first time he managed to vote somehow)

Edited by DaniSRB