website statistics

Totallympics International Song Contest Discussion

Just now, dcro said:

I would just ask to wait a couple of days before making a draw, so that we get back to more of an everyday mode.

Whatever happens: this. 

Everyone is in full emotionalladymode at the moment, it's like freaking Aleppo in this thread. Let's at least just calm down.. 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, DaniSRB said:

i guess i am emotional lady, too :D

Nobody can be as much of an emotional lady as our Algerian girl :whistle: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

My two cents, I was going to suggest that in future editions we try one of the following to decide the host: 

1) Olympic Trivia

2) Totallympics Song Contest Trivia

3) Best Result In Prevoius Contest

4) Someone forks over some money to @OlympicIRL like Qatar would

As an outsider I feel as well that the bidding process is a little unfair and should changed in the future.

P.S. If like the 2026 Winter Olympic bidding process, all the bidders pull out here the West Coast (Best Coast) of the United States will be ready with open arms :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

16 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Just here for the popcorn. Also, winner should be decided by pistol duels. KO-format, the survivor hosts.

Did you know that gun-duels are still legal in Paraguay? I hope we have an Olympics there one day, and add that as one of thier invited sports :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Whatever is decided about future bidding processes: I'd say from now on bidding should not be opened before we have a set process, meaning everyone who enters a bid does so only after the rules are clear and so automatically agrees with them.

2 hours ago, OlympicIRL said:

So, Mexico and Serbia will enter a random draw. The winner will go into a draw then alongside Algeria and Croatia and the winner will be the host. After this bidding process has been complete, there will be a poll to determine how future hosting rights will be awarded. But for this one, the process was in place and it's unfair to change it.

@dcro @bestmen @DaniSRB @mrv86 do you approve? I am trying to be as fair about this as possible, I would appreciate your co-operation.

Agree.