website statistics

Taekwondo WT World Championships 2019

thepharoah

4 hours ago, mrv86 said:

Well, WTF wanted to award the hosts a medal on the men's side at any cost, because let's be honest, their only competitors with enough level to medal are Jade Jones and Bianca Walkden.

Sinden won an European medal and 3 or 4 Grand Prix medals last year, he is 4th in the weighted olympic ranking, how is he not even considered of enough level to be a medal contender?

If WTF wanted to guarantee him a medal, why would they fix the semifinal where a medal is already certain? He won the other matches with a big margin, was he also helped by WTF?

what a disappointing day, Bakhshi lost in Golden round in QF (he had 1 pt lead with less than a second to go in regular time) :cry: and both girls Kiani and Javadi lost to Panipak and Jade Jones (I think both of them will win the gold) Javadi had some great results before getting destroyed by Jones.

to make things even better. our second athlete Erfan Nazemi also denied visa completely and will miss the competition. which leaves Iran with only 6 athletes.

I think it's almost a sure thing we won't win a gold medal here. Bakhshi had a very easy road to the gold medal but threw away his chance.

Edited by MHSN

:CAN Skylar Park made it to the semi-finals, winning her first world medals at 19. She has a very tough semi-final matchup against two time Olympic champion :GBR Jade Jones.

Park is probably the most exciting Canadian prospect in Taekwondo ever.

Edited by NearPup

That was ugly, very ugly. :mad: what a shame. Walkden won the gold 11-20 !! yes the loser scored double points as the winner, 1 cheap punch point + 10 cautions while Zheng scored 20 clean points. I can say half of those penalties were  nonsense. at some point it was like Sumo for Walkden. pushing Zheng out of the court with 2 hands, that's not legal but who cares.

even in UK almost half the spectators were booing Walkden  , that was one of the worst officiating in this sport I ever seen.