website statistics

Taekwondo WT World Championships 2019

thepharoah

7 hours ago, dareza said:

but still they are worst

That's funny because nowadays it's kind of a joke here.

there is a famous book and a famous TV series based on that book called "My Uncle Napoleon" and the main character there had Anglophobia who thinks that UK (or as we call them England even though I know that's wrong) is responsible for everything bad happens :p it was true at some point if someone read the Iran's history.

nowadays it's kind of a joke. that people use it to taunt others who believe in consistory theories , "Yes, The English are behind it " even when a cat falls from the tree people still use this phrase :d

Seif Eissa supposed to be one our best chances here along side Hedaya Malak , he comes from a long injury and he has a very hard draw tomorrow Badr Achab in R16 then Nikita Rafalovich or Ahmed Abu Ghaush who's surprisingly playing in -74 kg in quarters , the main thing is that he'll be fit which i really doubt 

It's very rare to see Lee Dae-hoon losing and this guy is such a nice person, there were at least couple of very dubious kyunggos against him and he lost it by 1 point at the end but he didn't protest even a bit. he is one of the best athletes ever in this sport and without doubt the best right now :bowdown:

7 hours ago, thepharoah said:

Seif Eissa supposed to be one our best chances here along side Hedaya Malak , he comes from a long injury and he has a very hard draw tomorrow Badr Achab in R16 then Nikita Rafalovich or Ahmed Abu Ghaush who's surprisingly playing in -74 kg in quarters , the main thing is that he'll be fit which i really doubt 

His draw isn't "that bad" actually. Badr Achab is different that Jaouad Achab, very young , I saw him in YOG final. won't be a problem for Seif Eissa if he is half ready. if I had to make a prediction I think his only "tough match" will be in quarterfinal which is normal, you have to expect at least one tough match before the medal round.

but yeah Abu Ghaush in this weight is surprising, if I'm not wrong his points still will be counted for his 68kg Olympic ranking. so that will be a smart move if he medals here but I doubt that. Rafalovich will be the favorite from that quarter.

btw it seems Iran has actually two teams in this tournament. because that "refugee team" is almost a complete team of Iranians ! :facepalm: each day when they publish the draw I see some more new names competing under the code "WT" ! this time Kasra Mehdipour. it seems the number of Iranian refugees are bigger than people from Yemen or Syria or Iraq where there are "real wars", of course by lying

1 hour ago, MHSN said:

His draw isn't "that bad" actually. Badr Achab is different that Jaouad Achab, very young , I saw him in YOG final. won't be a problem for Seif Eissa if he is half ready. if I had to make a prediction I think his only "tough match" will be in quarterfinal which is normal, you have to expect at least one tough match before the medal round.

but yeah Abu Ghaush in this weight is surprising, if I'm not wrong his points still will be counted for his 68kg Olympic ranking. so that will be a smart move if he medals here but I doubt that. Rafalovich will be the favorite from that quarter.

btw it seems Iran has actually two teams in this tournament. because that "refugee team" is almost a complete team of Iranians ! :facepalm: each day when they publish the draw I see some more new names competing under the code "WT" ! this time Kasra Mehdipour. it seems the number of Iranian refugees are bigger than people from Yemen or Syria or Iraq where there are "real wars", of course by lying

yes definitely Abu Ghaush moved up to men's -74 to avoid higher competition in -68 , he could go even for gold not just a medal , btw our player Hedaya did something similar by lowering her weight to -62 to avoid higher competition in the Olympic weight , let's see what the competition brings to us tomorrow . ofc there're higher numbers of people from Yemen , Syria and Iraq that are refugees , but they're not good enough for Taekwondo like Iran :d , i think some of these athletes will represent European nations later on 

6 hours ago, MHSN said:

It's very rare to see Lee Dae-hoon losing and this guy is such a nice person, there were at least couple of very dubious kyunggos against him and he lost it by 1 point at the end but he didn't protest even a bit. he is one of the best athletes ever in this sport and without doubt the best right now :bowdown:

Well, WTF wanted to award the hosts a medal on the men's side at any cost, because let's be honest, their only competitors with enough level to medal are Jade Jones and Bianca Walkden.

As for Mexico's participation I guess that's all the medals we'll obtain, but this is without doubt our best participation away from home in the last 12 years, according to comentators.