website statistics

Taekwondo WT World Championships 2019

thepharoah

One day before the competition, half of the Iranian team are still in Tehran and still without visa. :facepalm: this is funny that almost all of our top athletes (and not the youngsters) denied visa , Hadipour, Mardani and Hosseini they are all former world medalists, top 10 in World Ranking and had been to UK so many times before (the last time few months ago for the Grand Prix). I can't see any logical reason denying or delaying their visa .

I hope they get the visa in time but mostly I blame our own federations for not doing anything about it. Sending the whole team together (and not in pieces like this) or nobody at all.

1 hour ago, MHSN said:

One day before the competition, half of the Iranian team are still in Tehran and still without visa. :facepalm: this is funny that almost all of our top athletes (and not the youngsters) denied visa , Hadipour, Mardani and Hosseini they are all former world medalists, top 10 in World Ranking and had been to UK so many times before (the last time few months ago for the Grand Prix). I can't see any logical reason denying or delaying their visa .

I hope they get the visa in time but mostly I blame our own federations for not doing anything about it. Sending the whole team together (and not in pieces like this) or nobody at all.

and then someone shouldn't think about or talk of politics having (bad, really bad) influence on the Sports world...:facepalm::wall:

Pretty excited about the tournament, so sad and angry about what has been done to Iranian team. Politics should not interfere with the sports. I hope this problem will be solved and Iranian team will take their rightful place in the tournament.

About our team, I believe we have a good chance of winning medals almost every weight in women. However our men team has been lacking for a long time now. Emre Kutalmış (only 18 years old) is a hope for us alongside with Hakan Reçber. 

I think it is gonna be a great tournament with the competition and the exciting nature of taekwondo.

40 minutes ago, nenad said:

Anyone have link for the draw, should've been made last night?

This time Draws will be held daily after the weight-in for each weight. to avoid lots of not showing  / not making weight

here is the first day draw

http://www.worldtaekwondo.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/Draw-Day-1-Manchester-2019-WTC.pdf