website statistics

Athletics IAAF Diamond League 2019

Totallympics

Just now, Grassmarket said:

Going from one venue to the next, like the Olympic Relay.  Obviously nobody wants to do the Shanghai-Oslo leg.

Evan Dunfee does.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, Grassmarket said:

Christian Coleman missed three random tests, got off on some very complicated technicality, so not as completely clear as Gatlin.

Still noone doubts that he is dirty. I find it really fascinating how many american athletes are actually caught. Sadly nowadays the only way you can actually get banned for doping is if you are actually caught with a needle in you, otherwise there will always be some bullshit excuse that will get you off. At this point i really don't see why any clean athletes would still be willing to put in the effort, considering that even the officials don't seem to care about doping.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

4 hours ago, CCB said:

Hassan won the 5k today, but said she won't race the 5k in Doha. She chooses the 1.500 and 10k. Strange decision, in my opinion 5k gives her the best chance for a gold medal.

Agree, pretty weird. 5k + 1500 m was never an option, but 5k + 10k would have been the better option in my opinion, although i don't think that it will make any difference in the end, she would have been the favorite in all events. In the 10k she should win gold unless peak Ayana shows up and in the 1500 m she should win gold unless peak Kipyegon shows up. From a german perspective this is very good news (assuming that Klosterhalfen will now race the 5k instead of the 1500 m and if she doesn't, then she obviously doesn't want to win a medal), because it increases Klosterhalfen's chance for a medal. If it would have been someone else, then i would have said that maybe it was a NOP decision, but i think Hassan is their big star, so she probably was free to chose whatever events she likes most. If she would have chosen the 10k and 5k, then Klosterhalfen probably would have gone for the 1500 m and there her medal chances would have been clearly smaller, now at least theoretically the NOP could win all 3 events.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.