website statistics

Athletics IAAF Diamond League 2019

Totallympics

Injury for McMaster as well, I hate today.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Karsten Warholm with the 7th fastest time in history :hyper: :bowdown: 

(all 6 faster times were set by 6 different guys btw :d )

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 minutes ago, wumo26 said:

I'm so much looking forward to a WCH final with Warholm, Samba and Benjamin in it. 

I'd murder to see that.

Spoiler

Note to FBI: this was meant as a matter of speech, not literally.

10 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Injury for McMaster as well, I hate today.

I wonder if he’ll miss the Pan Am Games in 2 weeks. He’d be devastated if he did. In a interview he talked about how wanted to get :IVB a medal at all the major events.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Williams is freaking mad at Jamaica not already having selected her for Doha, holy crap, 12.32 :yikes:  That's the second race in a row where someone moves to 7th on the all-time ranking :d 

10 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I wonder if he’ll miss the Pan Am Games in 2 weeks. He’d be devastated if he did. In a interview he talked about how wanted to get :IVB a medal at all the major events.

I honestly doubt he can get it any global event...

#banbestmen

25 minutes ago, dcro said:

I honestly doubt he can get it any global event...

He already won the Commonwealth Games, and he was actually the favorite for 2017 Worlds before he got injured that year. He would have been the 2019 Pan Am favorite, and still will be a huge favorite in Doha.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Some observations about this diamond league meeting:

- WADA officials must be crazy mad after seeing how blatantly Ingebrigtsen and Warholm are cheating

- Jamaica had a slump, but now they just don't seem to give a shit anymore. Blake and SAFP are suddenly world-class again + the girl in women's hurdles who came out of nowhere + the guy in men's long jump + Dacres. To be honest i understand it, considering that Kenya has had half of their athletes banned during the last 12 months but is still allowed to send a team to global competitions. I also have to say that i absolutely understand that russian athletes/officials are angry. Compared to Jamaica/Norway/Kenya/Ethiopia they were playing perfectly by the rules.

- I also hope that some of the british athletics officials will talk to Dobbin and tell her that she can't go on like this anymore: Until 2018 her best was 23.31 (and before that her best was 23.94) and then in 2018 she suddenly ran 22.59 into a -1.3 m/s headwind, all that at the age of 24, this is just insulting to all other athletes who have to compete against her.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.