website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2020 Tickets, Trips and Experiences

5 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

Either the ticket prices are different in the US or you just have too much money ... :mumble:

In Germany you have to pay over 900 € for one single athletics/swimming session category A and for one single session category B you also have to pay more than 600 €.

For a single semifinals/finals session in fencing category A (2 semifinals and 2 finals per weapon) you have to pay more than 100 €.

For rowing and other less sports the prices are decent, but i hesitate to pay that much money for one single athletics/swimming session, especially Germany will only be represented in a fracture of the finals contested during that session.

Right now i think that i will try to get tickets for the opening ceremony, one swimming session, one athletics session, 1 or 2 rowing sessions, at least one track cycling session, one gymnastics session, one basketball session and maybe one archery/shooting session and/or one slalom canoeing session.

Well I’m staying for 10 days in Tokyo. We are using our flyer miles to make the flights essentially free. I made a habit of purchasing only nose bleed tickets (catagories C,D,E unless the lowest option was B), and we’re getting in shape so we can walk from venue to venue. 

I think I’ll be able to get 2 catagory E tickets to the women’s 100m final session for around $102. The most expensive tickets for me were rowing (on a day with finals/ and eights action). If everything goes to plan I should be able to see upwards of 10 gold medals awarded.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Well, Unless I’m reading CoSport’s website wrong. All of my ticket requests have been denied. I applied for 18 tickets to 9 event sessions on 9 separate days. Apparently the ticket shortage is so bad in the US that 100,000s of people may have been denied Olympics tickets. It’s apparently just as bad in Australia and Japan, and I would imagine that it’s the same for most major countries. At this point I’m hoping it’s just a glitch in the website, but it doesn’t look good...

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

9 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Well, Unless I’m reading CoSport’s website wrong. All of my ticket requests have been denied. I applied for 18 tickets to 9 event sessions on 9 separate days. Apparently the ticket shortage is so bad in the US that 100,000s of people may have been denied Olympics tickets. It’s apparently just as bad in Australia and Japan, and I would imagine that it’s the same for most major countries. At this point I’m hoping it’s just a glitch in the website, but it doesn’t look good...

It was a system glitch. The ticket draw for the US will take place on Saturday. 

On 20/06/2019 at 07:28, Olympian1010 said:

It was a system glitch. The ticket draw for the US will take place on Saturday. 

Man what a day. Published a successful episode of the podcast. Manage to watch every event at the European Games up to today. And now I’ve just learned that I’ve gotten lucky enough to get Olympics tickets!!! :thumbup: :d :bounce: :champion::bowdown:

I’ve got more tickets to check on, but I won’t know until tomorrow...

18 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Man what a day. Published a successful episode of the podcast. Manage to watch every event at the European Games up to today. And now I’ve just learned that I’ve gotten lucky enough to get Olympics tickets!!! :thumbup: :d :bounce: :champion::bowdown:

I’ve got more tickets to check on, but I won’t know until tomorrow...

And my day got better we got 12 more tickets confirmed!

• 1 month later...

Japanese organizers offered special VIP ticket packages for solvent local businessmens. The prize of this ticket package is $ 60,000. :crazy:

The tickets places are obviously for very luxurious skyboxes at the Olympic Stadium with the opportunity to see the opening and closing ceremonies as well as all athletic sessions. In addition to this, during the nine days of the Athletics competitions at the Olympic Games will have first-class food and drink including champagne, sake and world-class quality wine.

1 hour ago, hckosice said:

Japanese organizers offered special VIP ticket packages for solvent local businessmens. The prize of this ticket package is $ 60,000. :crazy:

The tickets places are obviously for very luxurious skyboxes at the Olympic Stadium with the opportunity to see the opening and closing ceremonies as well as all athletic sessions. In addition to this, during the nine days of the Athletics competitions at the Olympic Games will have first-class food and drink including champagne, sake and world-class quality wine.

Yes this is the VIP Package. People in my online chat group for people attending the Tokyo 2020 Olympics have been talking about it. 

So...I’m assuming that I’m the only Totallympian going to the games. Therefore I will plan the official meetup. It will be complete with stickers, pins, banners, the whole gamut. I can’t wait for the group picture :p (maybe I’ll get some new recruits to join us, so I’m not the only Totallympian there)

Em 26/08/2019 em 02:24, Olympian1010 disse:

So...I’m assuming that I’m the only Totallympian going to the games. Therefore I will plan the official meetup. It will be complete with stickers, pins, banners, the whole gamut. I can’t wait for the group picture :p (maybe I’ll get some new recruits to join us, so I’m not the only Totallympian there)

Japan is too far for me :lol: (and expensive :() Otherwise i'd be there

Edited by Laraja

• 2 weeks later...

Alright we’ve bought our tickets, booked our Airbnb, and now our booked our flights. The trip is all but happening. I have a few questions that if people could answer that’d be great. First and foremost, we are going to have a layover at Vienna International Airport, so if we’re going to have one night in Vienna what is the best way to spend it (also what’s the drinking age?)? Also, for people who’ve been to the Olympics, what should we expect? What are some neat things to do at the venues or public watch areas? Also, just general information about people’s Olympic experiences for games they’ve attended would be fantastic. We’ve been planning this trip for a few years now, and I want it to be special, so it’d be ultra hopeful to get some different users advice and opinions. Thanks