website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2020 Tickets, Trips and Experiences

2 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

First and foremost, we are going to have a layover at Vienna International Airport, so if we’re going to have one night in Vienna what is the best way to spend it (also what’s the drinking age?)?

In Austria the drinking age is 16 for Beer and Wine, 18 for harder alcohol. But it´s incredibly expensive !!!

the thing is nobody is really drinking there, everyone pass the boarders to Slovakia (some 40 minutes by car) to practice the drinking orgies here, the price of alcohol is too cheap, you can find a pint of beer (0.5 l) and of great CZE/SVK traditional quality even from 0.75 EUR (a bottle even from 0.30 E) or a shot of vodka, Borovička, Rum from 0.50 EUR, foreign alcohol brands are a bit more expensive though, so if you have a day or two before the departure from Vienna and want to get totally drunk for little money just cross the boarder :d

9 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Alright we’ve bought our tickets, booked our Airbnb, and now our booked our flights. The trip is all but happening. I have a few questions that if people could answer that’d be great. First and foremost, we are going to have a layover at Vienna International Airport, so if we’re going to have one night in Vienna what is the best way to spend it (also what’s the drinking age?)? Also, for people who’ve been to the Olympics, what should we expect? What are some neat things to do at the venues or public watch areas? Also, just general information about people’s Olympic experiences for games they’ve attended would be fantastic. We’ve been planning this trip for a few years now, and I want it to be special, so it’d be ultra hopeful to get some different users advice and opinions. Thanks

Never been to any Olympics but you can spare some time to visit the hospitality houses by some NOCs.

During the Asian Games/Para Games, I enjoyed the Korea House with their cultural activities, games, food etc. There is also the North Korean one but sadly I missed that one.

Edited by Griff88

3 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Alright we’ve bought our tickets, booked our Airbnb, and now our booked our flights. The trip is all but happening. I have a few questions that if people could answer that’d be great. First and foremost, we are going to have a layover at Vienna International Airport, so if we’re going to have one night in Vienna what is the best way to spend it (also what’s the drinking age?)? Also, for people who’ve been to the Olympics, what should we expect? What are some neat things to do at the venues or public watch areas? Also, just general information about people’s Olympic experiences for games they’ve attended would be fantastic. We’ve been planning this trip for a few years now, and I want it to be special, so it’d be ultra hopeful to get some different users advice and opinions. Thanks

Thinking back to London 2012 there was a fantastic atmosphere all around. Particularly at the public screens so it would be worth finding out where they are. Also don’t forget the free events! Just make sure you give yourself plenty of time to get to the venues by public transport and get through ticket gates and security, can take longer than you think and you don’t want to miss anything!

6 hours ago, Griff88 said:

Never been to any Olympics but you can spare some time to visit the hospitality houses by some NOCs.

During the Asian Games/Para Games, I enjoyed the Korea House with their cultural activities, games, food etc. There is also the North Korean one bad sadly I missed that one.

I think we plan to visit the USA House because it sounds like Casey’s family can get us in to some the really special stuff. We don’t know until the games though.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

5 hours ago, uk12points said:

Thinking back to London 2012 there was a fantastic atmosphere all around. Particularly at the public screens so it would be worth finding out where they are. Also don’t forget the free events! Just make sure you give yourself plenty of time to get to the venues by public transport and get through ticket gates and security, can take longer than you think and you don’t want to miss anything!

We’re thinking about attending the 20km Race Walk :yes. I think me and some of the Reddit Olympics members are going to meetup at a public screen one of the days.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

On 04/09/2019 at 09:22, Griff88 said:

During the Asian Games/Para Games, I enjoyed the Korea House with their cultural activities, games, food etc. There is also the North Korean one but sadly I missed that one.

Well that sounds like a hoot and a half.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

On 04/09/2019 at 16:19, Olympian1010 said:

We’re thinking about attending the 20km Race Walk :yes. I think me and some of the Reddit Olympics members are going to meetup at a public screen one of the days.

Bonus points for going to the race walk, but you're sure you can't go to the generally way more epic 50k? Especially because this might literally be the last chance in your life to ever see that at a major event.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

Bonus points for going to the race walk, but you're sure you can't go to the generally way more epic 50k? Especially because this might literally be the last chance in your life to ever see that at a major event.

No I’m there from the 24th-2nd (my last event is the Equestrian Cross Country). The 50km is a week later.

19 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

No I’m there from the 24th-2nd (my last event is the Equestrian Cross Country). The 50km is a week later.

Is Cross Country a ticketed event? That seems rather stupid to me if it is

24 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Too bad, but an acceptable reason :p And 20km race walk is better than no race walk :d