website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2020 Tickets, Trips and Experiences

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Tickets for the Olympic Games will be on sale soon and as I'm a Swede living in Thailand I was thinking about travelling to Tokyo (as the flights are super cheap) and purchase tickets on site. I am aware that the pre "raffle" is for Japan residents only but does anyone know if it will be possible for non residents to buy tickets over the counter eg. in Tokyo?

Reason for me thinking about doing this is that we are 5 people who will be going and I believe that the dedicated "partner" whom will be selling the tickets in Sweden will be at highly inflated prices; thus 7-10 events times five people will se the purchase (if possible) on site money well spent.

TIA

On 28/04/2019 at 04:22, Kent Hua Hin said:

Hi all,

Tickets for the Olympic Games will be on sale soon and as I'm a Swede living in Thailand I was thinking about travelling to Tokyo (as the flights are super cheap) and purchase tickets on site. I am aware that the pre "raffle" is for Japan residents only but does anyone know if it will be possible for non residents to buy tickets over the counter eg. in Tokyo?

Reason for me thinking about doing this is that we are 5 people who will be going and I believe that the dedicated "partner" whom will be selling the tickets in Sweden will be at highly inflated prices; thus 7-10 events times five people will se the purchase (if possible) on site money well spent.

TIA

This should help you out: https://tokyo2020.org/en/get-involved/spectators/ 

This is my first time attempting to attend as well. Essentially there will be a ticket reseller in Thailand that you buy your tickets from. They have not released the official prices yet, but expect tickets to cost somewhere between US $30 - US $150 per event session. 

Also, welcome to the forum. Hopefully you send sometime in our other topics as well as we travel down the Road to Tokyo 2020.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

On 28/04/2019 at 04:39, Olympian1010 said:

This should help you out: https://tokyo2020.org/en/get-involved/spectators/ 

This is my first time attempting to attend as well. Essentially there will be a ticket reseller in Thailand that you buy your tickets from. They have not released the official prices yet, but expect tickets to cost somewhere between US $30 - US $150 per event session. 

Also, welcome to the forum. Hopefully you send sometime in our other topics as well as we travel down the Road to Tokyo 2020.

Thank you for the welcome!

I'm not a Thai resident, only on a very long holiday. Even if it was possible for me to purchase via the Thai reseller, I believe that the prices, as they will via the Swedish reseller cosport, will be highly inflated. Thus the option of going to  Tokyo  (which is below 200 euros return) is a very interessting option. So my main query remain: will I as a non Japan resident be able purchasing tickets in Japan over the counter or at the vending machines that will by put in place when the tickets go on sale?

12 minutes ago, Kent Hua Hin said:

Thank you for the welcome!

I'm not a Thai resident, only on a very long holiday. Even if it was possible for me to purchase via the Thai reseller, I believe that the prices, as they will via the Swedish reseller cosport, will be highly inflated. Thus the option of going to Tokyo (which is below 200 euros return) is a very interessting option. So my main query remain: will I as a non Japan resident be able purchasing tickets in Japan over the counter or at the vending machines that will by put in place when the tickets go on sale?

I can’t really understand the Japanese resident process well. However from my understanding, If you live in Japan (and I believe they make you prove residency) you apply on the website for tickets. However in a bid to make sure all citizens have a fair chance the see the games, Japanese citizens apply for the events they want to see. Then a lottery will be held with the “winners” gaining the tickets for that event.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

44 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I can’t really understand the Japanese resident process well. However from my understanding, If you live in Japan (and I believe they make you prove residency) you apply on the website for tickets. However in a bid to make sure all citizens have a fair chance the see the games, Japanese citizens apply for the events they want to see. Then a lottery will be held with the “winners” gaining the tickets for that event.

Again, thanks for the reply! And, yes, I am aware of the resident lottery aplication process. What I'm qurious about, is that when the tickets go on sale in Japan; via the many vending machines and such, will I an a non Japan resident be able to purchase via these types of outlets?

9 minutes ago, Kent Hua Hin said:

Again, thanks for the reply! And, yes, I am aware of the resident lottery aplication process. What I'm qurious about, is that when the tickets go on sale in Japan; via the many vending machines and such, will I an a non Japan resident be able to purchase via these types of outlets?

I have absolutely no clue about that.

• 1 month later...

I have to say that the schedule is very bad for german fans ...

June 29: Swimming women's 1500 m freestyle final and rowing women's double sculls final at the same time

June 30: Swimming men's 800 m freestyle final + swimming men's 200 m breast final + swimming 200 m women's fly final and rowing men's lightweight double sculls final all at the same time

June 31: Swimming men's 200 m IM final and rowing men's single sculls final + rowing men's eight final and shooting women's 25 m air pistol final all at the same time

August 02:

In the morning: Swimming men's 1500 m freestlye and shot put women's final at the same time

In the evening: Gymnastics women's uneven bars final and men's high jump final + women's triple jump final at the same time

August 03:

Around noon: Shooting men's 25 m rapid fire pistol + track cycling women's team sprint final at the same time

In the evening: Eventing team and invidual final + women's 5000 m final and women's discus throw final at the same time

August 04: Athletics women's 200 m final and gymnastics women's balance beam final at the same time

August 05: Athletics women's 3000 m SC final and equestrian individual jumping final at the same time

August 06: Swimming men's 10 km open water and athletics men's shot put final at the same time

August 08: Equestrian jumping team final + athletics men's javelin throw and women's high jump final at the same time

It will be very hard to find a schedule, especially because i have no clue how long it will actually take to get from one venue to another ...

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Tickets aren’t to bad in terms of prices by the way. I did not have to sell my kidney on the black market to afford them. I’ll post what I’m going to see after my tickets get confirmed.

18 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Tickets aren’t to bad in terms of prices by the way. I did not have to sell my kidney on the black market to afford them. I’ll post what I’m going to see after my tickets get confirmed.

Either the ticket prices are different in the US or you just have too much money ... :mumble:

In Germany you have to pay over 900 € for one single athletics/swimming session category A and for one single session category B you also have to pay more than 600 €.

For a single semifinals/finals session in fencing category A (2 semifinals and 2 finals per weapon) you have to pay more than 100 €.

For rowing and other less sports the prices are decent, but i hesitate to pay that much money for one single athletics/swimming session, especially Germany will only be represented in a fracture of the finals contested during that session.

Right now i think that i will try to get tickets for the opening ceremony, one swimming session, one athletics session, 1 or 2 rowing sessions, at least one track cycling session, one gymnastics session, one basketball session and maybe one archery/shooting session and/or one slalom canoeing session.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.