website statistics

Road Cycling ACC Asian Championships 2019

Totallympics

50 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

So, I think that she have good chance to go in Tokyo if Uzbekistan and South Korea reached to qualify via ranking ;) 

Is that even possible ? I can't see South Korea in the Olympic Ranking. :mumble: that seems unlikely to me.

if happens that will be a huge surprise. I'm sure nobody even thought about qualification in women's road cycling. our cycling is almost dead these days.

25 minutes ago, MHSN said:

Is that even possible ? I can't see South Korea in the Olympic Ranking. :mumble: that seems unlikely to me.

if happens that will be a huge surprise. I'm sure nobody even thought about qualification in women's road cycling. our cycling is almost dead these days.

South Korea has an athlete in the top 100 which means she would qualify through the rankings.

Whether she can maintain it is another question. Uzbekistan will likely qualify either through the team rankings or the individual rankings.

3 hours ago, MHSN said:

Today was a historical day for Iranian Cycling. while our men's cycling still sucks , an Iranian girl won Iran's first ever medal in Asian Road Cycling Championships. Somayyeh Yazdani won bronze in Women's Elite Road Race event. :yikes:

if my memory works well, Iran only won medal in Mountain Bike before in women's events. never a medal in track and road events. this is also very surprising, I didn't even know she is this good to challenge for a medal. She won the bronze behind Olga Zablinskaya (UZB) and Na Ahreum (KOR)

She was actually a favorite to win the Asian Games road race, but pulled out due to an injury I believe 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

55 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

quota cycling women?

Uzbekistan for now, that should change after the rankings are published though

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

A summary of medalists so far

Men's Elite Team Time Trial

1. :KAZ Kazakhstan

2. :KOR South Korea

3. :HKG Hong Kong

Women's Elite Team Time Trial

1. :KOR South Korea

2. :KAZ Kazakhstan

3. :HKG Hong Kong

Women's Junior Individual Time Trial

1. :KAZ Ulyana SUKHOREBRIK

2. :UZB Yanina KUSKOVA

3. :HKG LEE Sze Wing

Men's Junior Individual Time Trial

1. :KAZ Maxim POPUGAYEV

2. :THA Tullatorn SOSALAM

3. :UZB Behzodbek RAKHIMBAEV

Men's U23 Individual Time Trial

1. :KAZ Yevgeniy FEDOROV

2. :TPE TU Chih Hao

3. :IRI Amirhossein JAMSHIDIAN

Women's U23 Individual Time Trial

1. :TPE CHANG Ting Ting

2. :JPN Yumi KAJIHARA

3. :UZB Renata BAYMETOVA

Women's Elite Individual Time Trial

1. :UZB Olga ZABELINSKAYA

2. :KOR LEE Yumi

3. :TPE HUANG Ting Ying

Men's Elite Individual Time Trial

1. :KAZ Daniil FOMINYKH

2. :TPE FENG Chun Kai

3. :HKG CHEUNG King Lok

Men's U23 Road Race

1. :IRI Mohammad GANJKHANLOU

2. :KAZ Yevgeniy FEDOROV

3. :KAZ Daniil MARUKHIN

Men's Junior Road Race

1. :THA Tullatorn SOSALAM

2. :UZB Behzodbek RAKHIMBAEV

3. :KAZ Orken SLAMZHANOV

Women's Junior Road Race

1. :HKG LEE Sze Wing

2. :JPN Anna IWAMOTO

3. :JPN Tsuyaka UCHINO

Women's Elite Road Race

1. :UZB Olga ZABELINSKAYA

2. :KOR NA Ahreum

3. :IRI Somayeh YAZDANI

Edited by MHSN

25 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

She was actually a favorite to win the Asian Games road race, but pulled out due to an injury I believe 

Interesting, I didn't know if she was a favorite, this is first time I'm hearing this. I just know she pulled out because of a late injury and her replacement Dehghan finished 6th or something and our cycling federation president said something like "Yazdani is usually 2-3 minutes faster than Dehghan in time trial and Deghahn was 45 seconds away from the medal"

but my reaction was "yeah right :d, medal in women's cycling :lol:" I'm really surprised that wasn't just nonsense.

19 minutes ago, MHSN said:

Interesting, I didn't know if she was a favorite, this is first time I'm hearing this. I just know she pulled out because of a late injury and her replacement Dehghan finished 6th or something and our cycling federation president said something like "Yazdani is usually 2-3 minutes faster than Dehghan in time trial and Deghahn was 45 seconds away from the medal"

but my reaction was "yeah right :d, medal in women's cycling :lol:" I'm really surprised that wasn't just nonsense.

Yeah, the commentators had a similar feeling to the head of your federation.