website statistics

Athletics AAA Asian Championships 2019

Totallympics

11 minutes ago, dcro said:

Africa is the best.

Those youth world champs in Nairobi, holy smokes. Rumours have it half of Kenya is still moving up and down from that one week of non-stop jumping.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

looks like they have a moral code in Qatar, they never naturalized a female athlete. :d (at least as far as I remember)

but Bahrain naturalizes everything available :d I wonder really why ? I'm sure nobody in Bahrain cares about these results. they are not even "that rich" comparing to Qatar.

10 hours ago, MHSN said:

looks like they have a moral code in Qatar, they never naturalized a female athlete. :d (at least as far as I remember)

but Bahrain naturalizes everything available :d I wonder really why ? I'm sure nobody in Bahrain cares about these results. they are not even "that rich" comparing to Qatar.

To make people know Bahrain exists? :d 

If it wasn't for those bought athletes and Formula 1, I'd have no idea why I would even know of it's existence :p 

And I doubt "we should not buy women" is as much a moral code for Qatar as it is a sign of them believing women are simply inferior beings :lol: 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

9 hours ago, heywoodu said:

To make people know Bahrain exists? :d 

If it wasn't for those bought athletes and Formula 1, I'd have no idea why I would even know of it's existence :p 

And I doubt "we should not buy women" is as much a moral code for Qatar as it is a sign of them believing women are simply inferior beings :lol: 

That's a good point from someone outside of the middle east. here we are doomed to know Bahrain exists :d (which was a part of Iran not long time ago) but that's still confusing, this way people learn about Bahrain in a bad way ! I'm sure you are not in love with Bahrain :d

I was joking about the moral code obviously. actually Qatar is more "moderate" comparing to other Persian Gulf countries. specially Bahrain. but the difference is , in recent years, Qatar didn't buy these athletes. they go to Qatar in young age because they have better chance to improve in Qatar. that's still bad but at least you can give credit a bit to Qatar because they were nobodies when they started in Qatar. but Bahrain buy already established athletes. or simply whatever possible. honestly I don't know if there is a policy about not-buying women in Qatar or that's simply because women are less interested in sports (athletics in particular) in north African countries  (where most of Qatari athletes come from)

Qatar was also like Bahrain, they had athletes like Said Saeed Shaheen or their whole handball NT, their Bulgarian weightlifters and there are lots of examples but I'm talking about the recent years after creating the ASPIRE academy