website statistics

Athletics AAA Asian Championships 2019

Totallympics

I wonder how many people will be in the audience for the World Championship later this year. right now the stadium looks quite empty ! :facepalm:

Bahrain won the first gold medal of the competition.  finishing 1-2 in women's 5000m. bronze to India, I think Bahrain (and Qatar) naturalizing athletes hurt India more than any other country. I was checking the Asian Games results and they somehow stole more than 4-5 gold medals from India.

18 minutes ago, MHSN said:

I wonder how many people will be in the audience for the World Championship later this year. right now the stadium looks quite empty ! :facepalm:

Bahrain won the first gold medal of the competition.  finishing 1-2 in women's 5000m. bronze to India, I think Bahrain (and Qatar) naturalizing athletes hurt India more than any other country. I was checking the Asian Games results and they somehow stole more than 4-5 gold medals from India.

I agree if not India would be a Asian Athletics powerhouse

first day was a bit disappointing with Hossein Keyhani's poor performance in 3000m steeplechase. he was the Asian Champion and the Asian Games Champion but finished 4th here :(

but at least Iran finished 1-2 in Discus throw. with Ehsan Haddadi winning his 10th Asian title :yes (6 Asian Champs + 4 Asian Games) he won all Asian titles since 2005 except 2013 and 2015 when he didn't participate. there is nobody in Asia at the moment even close to him. 2nd place Behnam Shiri barely even made it to 60metres.

I winder if we can win any other medal in upcoming days. highly possible for Iran to finish just with these two medals :(

3 hours ago, MHSN said:

I think Bahrain (and Qatar) naturalizing athletes hurt India more than any other country. I was checking the Asian Games results and they somehow stole more than 4-5 gold medals from India.

got trolled heavily here when I pointed this during Asian Games. 

This is gonna be a true party of athletics later this year..... :p (Pic is from today's finals session)

UsvGhvT.png

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

On 22/04/2019 at 01:46, MHSN said:

I winder if we can win any other medal in upcoming days. highly possible for Iran to finish just with these two medals :(

Yep. just two medals and couple of 4th place finishes. :( we usually get better results in Asian Champs (comparing to the Asian Games) obviously because the level is higher at the AG but this time was different. mostly because our Asian Games medalists weren't "motivated" enough.