website statistics

Biathlon 2019 Off Season Discussion

RobtheAggie

I thought this might be a good idea to contain all of the discussions between the seasons here.

Russia is looking at their cross-country ski team to see if anyone wants to try biathlon.  The article I read was specific about the German women's team as an example.

An idea. What about a South American Championship in July?  It would give teams a chance to get on snow and check their progress.  Have it about three weeks prior to the roller ski championship.

Just now, RobtheAggie said:

I thought this might be a good idea to contain all of the discussions between the seasons here.

Russia is looking at their cross-country ski team to see if anyone wants to try biathlon.  The article I read was specific about the German women's team as an example.

An idea. What about a South American Championship in July?  It would give teams a chance to get on snow and check their progress.  Have it about three weeks prior to the roller ski championship.

That's too early :p 

It's always in August or September, usually in Bariloche (ARG) or Portillo (CHI). For this year if I'm looking at the schedule right, 8-13 August it's in Portillo and 19-23 August it's in Bariloche (it's held in two separate stages). 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 hours ago, RobtheAggie said:

That is why I love this website.  All sorts of info!  Do many nations outside of South America show up, I guess do some nations use it to prep for the winter?

It's usually Brazil vs Argentina vs Chile :p 

I've never heard biathletes from 'bigger' nations being there, and I'm sure if they were there, I would be told because that'd be cool :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

US Biathlon already announced their levels for the 2019-2020 seasons

Women:

Clare Egan

Susan Dunklee

Joanne Reid

Emily Dressigacker

Men:

Sean Doherty

Leif Nordgren

Jake Brown

B Team - IBU Cup

Travis Cooper

Max Durtschi

Alex Howe

Paul Schoomer

Hallie Grossman

Deedra Irwin

Chloe Levins

No real surprises.  I do like seeing Levins on the IBU circuit.    

European biathlon fans are so violent, half of them have no head or body.

hannah_biathlon_12.5.png?itok=fDsPVhBm