website statistics

Sprint Canoeing Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

hckošice

Great news! I was doing some research and reading some news, and I found that Sao Tome & Principe Olympic Committee had attributed the place in Men's C1 1000m to its competitor. Doing some research I actually found that no competitor from Senegal did start in the 2015 World Championships, and therefore, that would make their NOC inelegible for the quota.

Edited by mrv86

1 hour ago, mrv86 said:

Hreat news! I was doing some research and reading some news, and I found that Sao Tome & Principe Olympic Committee had attributed the place in Men's C1 1000m to its competitor. Doing some research I actually found that no competitor from Senegal did start in the 2015 World Championships, and therefore, that would make their NOC inelegible for the quota.

That's a bit strange. All that qualification systems says regarding that is,,,

To be eligible to participate in the Rio 2016 Olympic Games, all eligible NOCs must participate in at least one (1) Olympic event at the 2015 Canoe Sprint World Championships to be eligible for an Athlete Quota Place in the Canoe Sprint events at the Olympic Games.

Doesn't really say that NOC has to compete in the same event.

#banbestmen

1 hour ago, mrv86 said:

Hreat news! I was doing some research and reading some news, and I found that Sao Tome & Principe Olympic Committee had attributed the place in Men's C1 1000m to its competitor. Doing some research I actually found that no competitor from Senegal did start in the 2015 World Championships, and therefore, that would make their NOC inelegible for the quota.

I think you are right, Senegal sent athletes in 2 events but both of them DID NOT START therefore technically Senegal did not compete at the 2015 World Championships and is therefore ineligible for a quota

23 minutes ago, dcro said:

That's a bit strange. All that qualification systems says regarding that is,,,

Doesn't really say that NOC has to compete in the same event.

According to the results Senegal DID NOT START in every event they entered, so technically they did not compete at the 2015 World Championships and are ineligible for the quota

9 minutes ago, uk12points said:

According to the results Senegal DID NOT START in every event they entered, so technically they did not compete at the 2015 World Championships and are ineligible for the quota

:yes

That is some great news for :STP then! (And also great news for all the nations that were looking for Tripartite quota as STP was the favorite for that).

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

34 minutes ago, dcro said:

:yes

That is some great news for :STP then! (And also great news for all the nations that were looking for Tripartite quota as STP was the favorite for that).

It is great news, we will still have to wait for the official confirmation from the ICF, but it looks like the luck of the Sao Tome canoe team is changing for the better!

The France team canoeing online just retrieve an additional quota for the Olympic Games, scheduled next summer in Rio de Janeiro (Brazil). This is the man canoe car 1000m (C1 1000). This quota, having been made by Oceania, following their continental qualification is reassigned based on the results of the Global 2015. The eighth of Mathieu Goubel in this event can recover this quota.