website statistics

Men's Road Cycling UCI La Vuelta Ciclista a España 2019

Totallympics

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

According to Movistar they had already planned it at that moment on the course. Thing is, Movistar is sort of known for dirty tactics, their history doesn't work in their favour so to speak.

That's pretty much the reason for my comment (though they've been the victim of a similar situation as well).

Meanwhile I have to agree with Movistar that the UCI made a controversial decision as well.

Just now, Agger said:

That's pretty much the reason for my comment (though they've been the victim of a similar situation as well).

Meanwhile I have to agree with Movistar that the UCI made a controversial decision as well.

Yep, instead of allowing riders to get back behind the cars, the judges (who seemed to be completely absent) should have just sent those cars away like normally when two groups get close together.

Movistar was once the 'victim' of it, although the situation in 2013 was pretty different. I forgot exactly how, but saw, read and heard it earlier today and I remember thinking "yeah, that's indeed pretty different" :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just saw it's not even four months ago when Roglic had a mechanical or something, and guess who immediately went to the front and started pulling pretty damn strong? Yeah, Movistar :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

After seeing multiple angles of the crash and how horrible it was, Movistar’s move was just disgraceful and tasteless. Anyone who’s cycled knows what a big deal respect is in the sport. When someone goes down you make sure their good and you give them a few minutes to catch their breath. There’s winning and there’s winning with class and dignity.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

38 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

After seeing multiple angles of the crash and how horrible it was, Movistar’s move was just disgraceful and tasteless. Anyone who’s cycled knows what a big deal respect is in the sport. When someone goes down you make sure their good and you give them a few minutes to catch their breath. There’s winning and there’s winning with class and dignity.

It does depend a little on the situation. Steven Kruijswijk crashed while being nearly sure of the Giro win a few years ago, and his opponents definitely didn't slow down. However, I've got no problem with that: he crashed because of his own mistake and staying on your bike is simply part of being a road cyclist. It's a different thing when you lose time because some people in front of you fell and you just got held up.

Today's stage is live in it's entirety (the 3rd or 4th of those I think), let's go Movistar and Astana, make some war :woohoo: 

I hope Roglic wins, but I hope that comes after a serious fight today, the last chance for anyone to make this Vuelta exciting in terms of the GC fight :p 

Vino seems to be playing Pro Cycling Manager today.

Valverde :lol:

Pogacar is opening a full blown attack on the podium :d

What an attack by Pogacar.