website statistics

Men's Road Cycling UCI Tour de France 2019

Totallympics

10 minutes ago, hckosice said:

oh c´mon ! I was joking. I am following the tour since "eternity" now, the first time I watched was in 1996 with a certain Bjarne Riis winning I do believe remember correctly the commentators the first Dane Tdf with real class. I immediately falled in love with this race, then in the following years I started to watch cycling more and more, also the other races. I would never thought we will ever have a good cyclinst, Peter Velits was already something for us, when he was leading the race climbing the first the La Croix de fer (If I remember correctly in 2009 or so) but then arrived the Saganmania, so I am just enjoying these moments, I know, that after he´ll retire we will never have anyone close to his achievements.

Now we have one good athlete, other countries have hundreds world class across different sports, we have one world class, so give me a break :p

I know that you were joking (though I'm sure that plenty of Slovaks who would be dead serious about such comments).

It just feels like all your comments (with exception of the Tour) is about him. It's always a way to see if Sagan is winning ;)

3 minutes ago, Agger said:

I know that you were joking (though I'm sure that plenty of Slovaks who would be dead serious about such comments).

It just feels like all your comments (with exception of the Tour) is about him. It's always a way to see if Sagan is winning ;)

Well, for my defence, there not so many things to comment actually, since it´s usually always Sagan who´s winning. and for your memory, I was also commenting during the Giro (even if it was during the Ice Hockey worlds) and without a single mention about Sagan :d

18 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Ah yeah, the good old days of Bjarne Riis (I was 5 so didn't really watch). Where has the time gone where cyclists got up in the middle of the night to excersise, so they could avoid their blood from clotting due to excessive and utterly extreme EPO use :wub: 

Yes, i was a young kid too at that time, I remember watching that tour after school with my parents (there wasn´t a big choice though, we had only 2 TV channels :p), the first ever stage I saw in my life was the sprint when Jan Svorada crashed and had to abandon, if I remember correctly it was Moncasin who won..but I may be wrong, I remember also a young talented American Lance Armrstrong competing for a team called Motorola had to abandon in tears too, however, I immediately became addicted. since that day I watched every stage of the tour until today.

43 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Yes, i was a young kid too at that time, I remember watching that tour after school with my parents (there wasn´t a big choice though, we had only 2 TV channels :p), the first ever stage I saw in my life was the sprint when Jan Svorada crashed and had to abandon, if I remember correctly it was Moncasin who won..but I may be wrong, I remember also a young talented American Lance Armrstrong competing for a team called Motorola had to abandon in tears too, however, I immediately became addicted. since that day I watched every stage of the tour until today.

Even the stage where a big group finished like 20 minutes in front of the peloton? I remember because Bram de Groot was in it, might be one of my earlier memories of the Tour :d Early 2000's mostly, from when I was 10 or so 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

51 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Well, for my defence, there not so many things to comment actually, since it´s usually always Sagan who´s winning. and for your memory, I was also commenting during the Giro (even if it was during the Ice Hockey worlds) and without a single mention about Sagan :d

Sorry about that. Wasn't able to follow the Giro that much due to campaigning :p

Stage 13

Friday - July 19th, 2019

h. 14:00 (GMT +2)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pau - Pau

27.2km - Individual Time Trial

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2b4ce

qBEz7VgqTezUATKeTe8sHQ~Tour-de-France-20

6 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Even the stage where a big group finished like 20 minutes in front of the peloton? I remember because Bram de Groot was in it, might be one of my earlier memories of the Tour :d Early 2000's mostly, from when I was 10 or so 

yep the yummy early 2000´s :d I think you are mentioning one of the 2003 stage, Jakob Piil (coincidence, another Dane :p) won that strange-weird-dumb stage, right ?

14 minutes ago, Agger said:

Sorry about that. Wasn't able to follow the Giro that much due to campaigning :p

No worries, I was either not entirely focussing on the giro, obviously since the worlds were hosted in my city and country, but you know that I couldn´t miss the Carapaz show (even if only from highlights) :d

4 minutes ago, hckosice said:

yep the yummy early 2000´s :d I think you are mentioning one of the 2003 stage, Jakob Piil (coincidence, another Dane :p) won that strange-weird-dumb stage, right ?

I have no idea, about Jakob Piil I just know he was in CSC because that was the only team you could play with in the demo version of Pro Cycling Manager 200x :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

So, time trial today. In Pau. Goddamn Pau. Unavoidable Pau. Always Pau. Pau, Pau, Pau, does ASO know nothing else than the hellhole they call Pau? Marco Pantani:

Spoiler

"I was in Pau once and now I'm dead."

f35K2es.png

Even the farmers' strike last year was about Pau, according to the Dutch forums, where Pau is not exactly loved.

"Nooooooooooooooo, not to Pau!"

cAqBhJp.png

Rumours have it Tom Dumoulin faked his knee injury so he wouldn't have to go to Pau. The guy always writing huge (and really good!) previews every day on a Dutch forum, detailing every single meter of the stage with touristic info and road details, isn't happy :p 

Spoiler

uw50C5B.png

5IVlQ6a.png

PHscuP2.png

Also an explanation on why Miguel Angel Lopez got so angry in the Giro and why he never rides the Tour:

Spoiler

"Pau? Fuck off."

guOQqGm.gif

And to make an end to this once and for all: "To Pau!"

Spoiler

VPGRUIn.gif