website statistics

Men's Road Cycling UCI Tour de France 2019

Totallympics

5 minutes ago, chrischi08 said:

Why? Both have a lot of green jersey and therefore they should have a lot of good placings

No, don´t get me wrong. I thougth Zabel had more wins that´s all. I didn´t know he had so many losses in tdf too, In fact I was sure nobody had so much losses like Peter in tdf.

Zabel only won one stage more than Sagan and two less than Kittel, so he doesn't even have the German record. I think Sagan and Zabel are both kind of similar. They were never the fastest Sprinters, but both were better in the mountains than their opponents, so they won the green jerseys because they won more points in the hilly stages or because their opponents did not finish (e.g. Cipollini).

But I also think Sagan would win more stages if he risks more. It wasn't the case today, but it feels like, he has a lot of second places where he simply stayed in the slipstream of the best sprinter and is satisified with the good place and the points.

5 minutes ago, chrischi08 said:

Zabel only won one stage more than Sagan and two less than Kittel, so he doesn't even have the German record. I think Sagan and Zabel are both kind of similar. They were never the fastest Sprinters, but both were better in the mountains than their opponents, so they won the green jerseys because they won more points in the hilly stages or because their opponents did not finish (e.g. Cipollini).

yeah well, pretty same, but it´s hard to make comparison, they competed in different times, in different "circumstances" :p

11 minutes ago, chrischi08 said:

But I also think Sagan would win more stages if he risks more. It wasn't the case today, but it feels like, he has a lot of second places where he simply stayed in the slipstream of the best sprinter and is satisified with the good place and the points.

I disagree here, I think it´s the opposite, he is always trying everything, every his 2nd place in the Tour was really hardly battled, as you said he wasn´t, doesn´t and never will be a pure sprinter, so he just have to try his best in all sprint finish against top sprinters, otherwise he would never finished any close of his positions in flat stages. + I don´t remember any other cyclist who had so many so close and frustrating losses by milimeters like against Greipel, Kittel today Neulissen or Ciolek at that famous Milan-San remo few years ago

Stage 2

Sunday - July 7th, 2019

h. 14:30 (GMT +2)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:BEL  Bruxelles - Brussel  :BEL 

27.5km - Team Time Trial

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ag7BINi-SGuBfmbIcsvZ-w~Tour-de-France-20

faQ0J2jNSdnYWq0kLWjJNw~2-etapa-Tour-de-F

5 hours ago, hckosice said:

22 2nd places in TdF ? that´s something :lol: but frankly what a bummer, missing the yellow and green by 12cm ...

Nothing bummer about it, first Dutch yellow jersey in 30 years and by one of the least expected people :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 hours ago, hckosice said:

I guess a unbeatable one and No, I can't even dare to it :lol:

No, if he had won all 22 stages in which he finished 2nd, he'd now be one stage behind the Cannibal, the all-time record holder :p 

He is 23rd in most stage top-10's by the way, for what it's worth :d 

https://www.procyclingstats.com/race/tour-de-france/2019/gc/history/most-stage-top10s

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!