website statistics

Men's Road Cycling UCI Tour de France 2019

Totallympics

1 minute ago, opruh said:

Tried with training wheels, I had a race with my brother when I was a kid and had a bad fall (even with training wheels lol). Tried learning again from my friends when I was a teenager but I always get too nervous, i guess i'm scared of having another fall lol.

Understandable. Well if you don't need it, why bother (here it's extremely common to do all your little things - going to the supermarket/shops/friends etc - by bike), although it is really nice to go on a bike ride for a few hours in a quiet place and just relax :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Understandable. Well if you don't need it, why bother (here it's extremely common to do all your little things - going to the supermarket/shops/friends etc - by bike), although it is really nice to go on a bike ride for a few hours in a quiet place and just relax :d 

Well i'm seeing more and more cyclists here with some bike lanes sprouting up across the country. I might try learning again, but not this year. :d

23 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

:yikes:

Never tried? And no, it's no offense, but as someone coming from a country where literally every child learns it before age 5 or something I'm always surprised to read when someone doesn't know how (although obviously it's easy to understand when one didn't learn it) :p 

I rode a bike before I knew how to swim. I also knew how to ice skate before I could swim too. I was raised the Dutch way apparently. The funny thing is that the ice rink was 45 minutes away, but I had pool in my backyard (every house as one in my town)

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

7 minutes ago, opruh said:

Well i'm seeing more and more cyclists here with some bike lanes sprouting up across the country. I might try learning again, but not this year. :d

Yeah Cycling is a death wish where I live. It’s shame because I’d (inline) skate and bike more if not.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

I rode a bike before I knew how to swim. I also knew how to ice skate before I could swim too. I was raised the Dutch way apparently. The funny thing is that the ice rink was 45 minutes away, but I had pool in my backyard (every house as one in my town)

Pretty sure I swam before I skated, at least in a decent way :p Much like riding a bike, swimming is one of those things children get taught (luckily) very, very early.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Pretty sure I swam before I skated, at least in a decent way :p Much like riding a bike, swimming is one of those things children get taught (luckily) very, very early.

I was like 5 when I got lessons (our pool had a fence around it during my childhood, so there wasn’t a major drowning risk). Skating and Cycling can natural to me. I’ve never had a coach, but coaches have told I look damn skilled for an amateur. To bad I’m lazy now. I loved and lived running, but always had a deeper passion for the bike and skate, which is funny because out of like the 20 sports I’ve practiced, I’ve never done those competitively.