website statistics

Men's Road Cycling UCI Tour de France 2019

Totallympics

29 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Or having fun...

Let me look around UCI ranking 500 for :CRO best cyclist again :p

One of the good things about cycling: nobody gives two fucks about the ranking :p Like, it's pretty much never even mentioned, at all :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

One of the good things about cycling: nobody gives two fucks about the ranking :p Like, it's pretty much never even mentioned, at all :d 

We do, considering the number of Danes at the Worlds and Olympics. And Fuglsang's ranking has gotten som attention as well.

1 minute ago, hckosice said:

good question. I guess no, since it will be the end of cycling :p

For Slovakia possibly, but being the kind of person who hates when a single athlete seems to get all the attention, I wouldn't mind, though I admit that he's rather entertaining. ;)

Just now, Agger said:

For Slovakia possibly, but being the kind of person who hates when a single athlete seems to get all the attention, I wouldn't mind, though I admit that he's rather entertaining. ;)

oh c´mon ! I was joking. I am following the tour since "eternity" now, the first time I watched was in 1996 with a certain Bjarne Riis winning I do believe remember correctly the commentators the first Dane Tdf with real class. I immediately falled in love with this race, then in the following years I started to watch cycling more and more, also the other races. I would never thought we will ever have a good cyclinst, Peter Velits was already something for us, when he was leading the race climbing the first the La Croix de fer (If I remember correctly in 2009 or so) but then arrived the Saganmania, so I am just enjoying these moments, I know, that after he´ll retire we will never have anyone close to his achievements.

Now we have one good athlete, other countries have hundreds world class across different sports, we have one world class, so give me a break :p

13 minutes ago, Agger said:

We do, considering the number of Danes at the Worlds and Olympics. And Fuglsang's ranking has gotten som attention as well.

I didn't even know the ranking had something to do with it :lol:  But that makes sense I guess. There are probably at least 25 cyclists at the moment of whom I'd believe it if you say he's number one, I have no idea :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 minutes ago, hckosice said:

oh c´mon ! I was joking. I am following the tour since "eternity" now, the first time I watched was in 1996 with a certain Bjarne Riis winning I do believe remember correctly the commentators the first Dane Tdf with real class. I immediately falled in love with this race, then in the following years I started to watch cycling more and more, also the other races. I would never thought we will ever have a good cyclinst, Peter Velits was already something for us, when he was leading the race climbing the first the La Croix de fer (If I remember correctly in 2009 or so) but then arrived the Saganmania, so I am just enjoying these moments, I know, that after he´ll retire we will never have anyone close to his achievements.

Now we have one good athlete, other countries have hundreds world class across different sports, we have one world class, so give me a break :p

Ah yeah, the good old days of Bjarne Riis (I was 5 so didn't really watch). Where has the time gone where cyclists got up in the middle of the night to excersise, so they could avoid their blood from clotting due to excessive and utterly extreme EPO use :wub: 

7 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I didn't even know the ranking had something to do with it :lol:  But that makes sense I guess. There are probably at least 25 cyclists at the moment of whom I'd believe it if you say he's number one, I have no idea :p 

That's what you get from being a cycling power house. We care in the smaller nations!