website statistics

Men's Road Cycling UCI Giro d'Italia 2019

Totallympics

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

It was? :yikes: 

I think I missed that part, I saw quite a lot of pretty dull stages and basically no fight at all for the win :p 

Yep, it was :p I must admit that there have been some boring (maybe too many) stops, some problems with the orginal route (see Gavia), but on the whole it could have gone better. And hey, the giro is always the giro ;) 

5 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

I don't follow this steroids sport full-time. Completely forgot Quintana still exists :rolleyes:

Weightlifting and such is a steroids sport, this is more of an EPO-like sport :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

Yep, it was :p I must admit that there have been some boring (maybe too many) stops, some problems with the orginal route (see Gavia), but on the whole it could have gone better. And hey, the giro is always the giro ;) 

Yeah but the fact that the Giro is the Giro doesn't make it exciting by definition :d 

Carapaz basically got the lead from Roglic/Nibali's non-actions and from then on there was basically not a single moment anymore where he seemed to be under serious threat. Landa didn't have the freedom to go all-out, Movistar as a whole was just way too strong for any challenger, Roglic was a bit disappointing, Yates was terribly disappointing, Dumoulin was out before it really started, Bernal was literally out before it started, half the potentially good climbs ended with nobody doing anything. Meh.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

59 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Yeah but the fact that the Giro is the Giro doesn't make it exciting by definition :d 

Carapaz basically got the lead from Roglic/Nibali's non-actions and from then on there was basically not a single moment anymore where he seemed to be under serious threat. Landa didn't have the freedom to go all-out, Movistar as a whole was just way too strong for any challenger, Roglic was a bit disappointing, Yates was terribly disappointing, Dumoulin was out before it really started, Bernal was literally out before it started, half the potentially good climbs ended with nobody doing anything. Meh.

I believe Nibali & Roglic were paying too much attention to each other and let Carapaz fly under the radar. And he proved too strong not to lose that 90 sec. lead he build at the start of the final week. Quite frankly Nibali needed a solo stage attack where he puts distance between himself & everyone. That never happened. Was he waiting for Carapaz to collapse?

The final standings from me :bounce: :bye: 

Federer91

1. Chad Haga (21) - 21

2. Pascal Ackermann (1) - 22

3. Fernando Gaviria (1) - 23

4. Caleb Ewan (2) - 25

5. Arnaud Demare (3) - 28

6. Enrico Battaglin (84) - 112

7. Jan Bakelants (15) - 127

8. -----------------------------

9. Primoz Roglic (1) - 128

10. Elia Viviani (2) - 130

11. Giacomo Nizzolo (8) - 138

12. Thomas De Gendt (8) - 146

13. Miguel Angel Lopez (11) - 157

14. Rafal Majka (4) - 161

15. Simon Yates (3) - 164

16. Vincenzo Nibali (4) - 168

17. Mikel Landa (19) - 187

18. Davide Cimolai (7) - 194

19. Richard Carapaz (15) - 209

20. Hugh Carthy (15) - 224

21. Victor Campenaerts (2) - 226

4 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

I believe Nibali & Roglic were paying too much attention to each other and let Carapaz fly under the radar. And he proved too strong not to lose that 90 sec. lead he build at the start of the final week. Quite frankly Nibali needed a solo stage attack where he puts distance between himself & everyone. That never happened. Was he waiting for Carapaz to collapse?

Exactly.