website statistics

Suggestion for new olympic swimming disciplines

rjovica

On 06/04/2019 at 02:01, dcro said:

And what happens if there is more than one per nation? We assume that everyone is cheering for nations, and not the athletes? :p

Yes.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, rjovica said:

Yes, and also 4x100 medley m/w, I hope in 2024 will be added 50 m backstroke, breaststroke and butterfly, 4 x 100 freestyle mixed, 4 x 200 freestyle mixed, and in next period something really new like swimming in 100m pools...

What about a 400m backstroke (I’m really into this idea)

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

On 10/04/2019 at 19:26, heywoodu said:

And which swimming events should be taken out to make place for that?

prolong the duration of swimming competitions, swimming in the pool takes only first week of games

Jovica Raicki Android Developer

Just now, rjovica said:

prolong the duration of swimming competitions, swimming in the pool takes only first week of games

Yes, and it has around 8 billion events already, so if events are going to be added, surely some others should be taken out.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

On 10/04/2019 at 20:00, Olympian1010 said:

What about a 400m backstroke (I’m really into this idea)

in gymnastics, there are all-around team and all-around individual

in swimming could be

backstroke all-around individual (one swimmer swims 50m, 100m, 200m and 400m)

backstroke all-around team (more swimmers swims 50m, 100m, 200m and 400m)

and same for other styles

Jovica Raicki Android Developer

Transoceanic swimming (from San Francisco to Tokyo for the next Olympics).

No water swimming: judges evaluate athletes who pretend to swim (on a skateboard)

"Catch me while I'm swimming": a version of the "cops and robbers" game played in a pool.

46 minutes ago, Dunadan said:

"Catch me while I'm swimming": a version of the "cops and robbers" game played in a pool.

I would be so much in favor of some sort of swimming kabaddi :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 hours ago, heywoodu said:

I would be so much in favor of some sort of swimming kabaddi :d 

So Water Polo without a ball?