website statistics

Suggestion for new olympic swimming disciplines

rjovica

1 hour ago, Jur said:

Drop 800 and made a 3km time trial in open waters.

I'm not sure if you are serious, but I actually would like this. IMO, the biggest problem with Open Water Swimming is, that you can barely recognise who is who. A time trial with interval start would solve this.

15 minutes ago, EselTheDonkey said:

Edit: Posted the same thing twice by mistake. Sorry.

Your on thin ice. Totallympians don’t make mistakes.

:p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

6 hours ago, EselTheDonkey said:

I'm not sure if you are serious, but I actually would like this. IMO, the biggest problem with Open Water Swimming is, that you can barely recognise who is who. A time trial with interval start would solve this.

In my opinion that could much more easily be solved by having caps with a big flag and much easier to recognize number on them :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 hours ago, heywoodu said:

In my opinion that could much more easily be solved by having caps with a big flag and much easier to recognize number on them :p 

And what happens if there is more than one per nation? We assume that everyone is cheering for nations, and not the athletes? :p

#banbestmen

52 minutes ago, dcro said:

And what happens if there is more than one per nation? We assume that everyone is cheering for nations, and not the athletes? :p

Too many people are sadly cheering or booing for nations instead of athletes anyway, so yeah :p 

But no, that's why the easy to recognize big-ass numbers on the flag-cap :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

hace 11 horas, EselTheDonkey dijo:

I am serious :roflmao:

I think open waters are wrongly used. It has potential but I strongly dislike 10km because you can barely know who the athletes are. And usually races are boring and only had action in like the last 5 minutes. Same thing for 800/1500 in the pool, it takes too long and a lot of series make it boring. Merge both and do a Open Waters time trial, with lap times and everything could be more exciting

On 06/04/2019 at 01:28, EselTheDonkey said:

Hello, rjovica. :)

These two disciplines will be Olympic Events next year in Tokyo. 

Yes, and also 4x100 medley m/w, I hope in 2024 will be added 50 m backstroke, breaststroke and butterfly, 4 x 100 freestyle mixed, 4 x 200 freestyle mixed, and in next period something really new like swimming in 100m pools...

Jovica Raicki Android Developer

27 minutes ago, rjovica said:

Yes, and also 4x100 medley m/w, I hope in 2024 will be added 50 m backstroke, breaststroke and butterfly, 4 x 100 freestyle mixed, 4 x 200 freestyle mixed, and in next period something really new like swimming in 100m pools...

And which swimming events should be taken out to make place for that?