website statistics

Suggestion for new olympic swimming disciplines

rjovica

Just now, JoshMartini007 said:

Drop the 800m and add a 2500m Freestyle

800m Freestyle is like a 3000m race in athletics.

There can be some cutting done in the 50-100-200-400 meters part as well..

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

There can be some cutting done in the 50-100-200-400 meters part as well..

Only 50. 100-200-400 are way too prestigious.

Plus, timewise 50-100-200-400 in swimming is less similar than 100-200-400-800 in athletics...

#banbestmen

I would check if there is any mad man/woman willing to take part to a 800 medley :D however, I have an idea for (mixed) relay, that is making every swimmer swim a 200 medley. This could give sense to a mixed relay, otherwise it really has no sense even for me that I like some mixed events.

9 minutes ago, dcro said:

Only 50. 100-200-400 are way too prestigious.

Plus, timewise 50-100-200-400 in swimming is less similar than 100-200-400-800 in athletics...

Since when is the 400 prestigious? :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 minutes ago, dcro said:

It has been in the Olympics since 1904. :p

That was the 402 meters and 33,6 centimeters :spank:

Let's make that an all swimming triathlon. You start doing 200 m medley in the pool, then you run a few metres and jump into the lake, where you're going for 3 km and after this part you return to the pool but this time you're doing 400 medley in fins. We could make a mixed relay out of it too.

I am unashamed, at getting nothing done.