website statistics

Wrestling UWW European Championships 2019

Totallympics

Stellar Biliyana Dudova once again. 3rd straight Euro title in three different categories and without giving a single point in all 4 matches :bowdown: :bowdown: This girl is so amazing. We could have had another title, but two heartbreaking loses beforehand. Our whole womens team is doing a fantastic job. 

Edited by Federer91

Today's Medallists Recap

women's wrestling, -50kg
Gold: :UKR Oksana Livach
Silver: :BUL Miglena Georgieva Selishka
Bronze: :BLR Kseniya Stankevich & :TUR Evin Demirhan

women's wrestling, -55kg
Gold: :UKR Iryna Husyak
Silver: :BUL Evelina Georgieva Nikolova
Bronze: :ROU Andreea Beatrice Ana & :TUR Bediha Gun

women's wrestling, -59kg
Gold: :BUL Bilyana Zhivkova Dudova
Silver: :RUS Svetlana Lipatova
Bronze: :TUR Elif Jale Yesilirmak & :AZE Elmira Gambarova

women's wrestling, -68kg
Gold: :UKR Alla Cherkasova
Silver: :CZE Adela Hanzlickova
Bronze: :SWE Anna Jenny Eva Maria Fransson & :LAT Anastasija Grigorjeva

women's wrestling, -76kg
Gold: :TUR Yasemin Adar
Silver: :AUT Martina Kuenz
Bronze: :GER Aline Rotter Focken & :HUN Zsanett Nemeth

women's wrestling, Tomorrow's Gold Medal matches

-53kg: :UKR Lilya Horishna vs :RUS Stalvira Orshush

-57kg: :HUN Emese Barka vs :UKR Tetyana Kit

-62kg: :BUL Taybe Mustafa Yusein vs :ITA Aurora Campagna

-65kg: :ROU Kriszta Tunde Incze vs :AZE Elis Manolova

-72kg: :UKR Alina Berezhna Stadnik Makhynia vs :GER Anna Carmen Schell

Edited by phelps

OMG!!!!! :yikes::hyper: we have a girl in the gold medal match!!! I just can't believe that! (and she's not there only because of a favourable draw...on her way through the final, she beat among others, also :HUN Marianna Sastin, multiple world medallist :yikes:)...

Edited by phelps

2 hours ago, Federer91 said:

Stellar Biliyana Dudova once again. 3rd straight Euro title in three different categories and without giving a single point in all 4 matches :bowdown: :bowdown: This girl is so amazing. We could have had another title, but two heartbreaking loses beforehand. Our whole womens team is doing a fantastic job. 

Congratulations! I cheered for every one of your girls except nikolova

9 minutes ago, phelps said:

OMG!!!!! :yikes::hyper: we have a girl in the gold medal match!!! I just can't believe that! (and she's not there only because of a favourable draw...on her way through the final, she beat among others, also :HUN Marianna Sastin, multiple world medallist :yikes:)...

I sat near 2 Italian girls who were screaming like they had just seen heywood naked 

On-topic: congratulations for the final!

25 minutes ago, phelps said:

Hmm, she is a mystery, don't know her. :mumble:Very good run though, but Taybe is going to run her over tomorrow. :d

12 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Hmm, she is a mystery, don't know her. :mumble:Very good run though, but Taybe is going to run her over tomorrow. :d

well, she's very young (and improving, for what I see)...

as her best result so far, she won the bronze medal at last year's Junior Worlds (beaten only by a Japanese girl)...

but I think she's not ready to face someone like Yusein yet...I think that tomorrow your girl will win by superiority...but still, this is a very good and unexpected result for our team (our only real hope for a medal was Chamizo)...

13 hours ago, zob79 said:

Unfortunately, Astana is the last place on Earth where an honest draw would take place.

Regarding the European Champs, how would you rate the technical level of competition?

unfortunately you are right. Kazakhstan was never a "fair" host in wrestling competitions. but it's more up to UWW to have "real draw" or let the organizers put a virus into their drawing software :d:d

I have to say I wasn't "that impressed" with the level. we only had few interesting finals. and Russia didn't bring some of A team members. I think most countries have long term training plans for the World Championship which is the main Olympic qualifier. in Asia (at least  for Iran) the Asian Championship is usually part of the preparation plans for the World Championship. that's never the target competition.(unlike the Asian Games) I had the feeling this European Champs was also something like that for some countries.