website statistics

Wrestling UWW European Championships 2019

Totallympics

I could watch few matches in the morning and half of the semifinals lol. Sadullaev looks a bit out of shape and that's even funny to say for someone who easily made it to the final and will win the gold for sure :d he is just out of this world

Russia lost two matches, very surprised to see Gazimagomedov losing to Mustafayev. this Azeri guy wrestled in Takhti Cup few weeks ago and he lost twice to not-so-good wrestlers. quite an improvement for him.

but 65kg was more interesting, Khinch lost to Kullar of Russia and Kullar lost to Aliyev which eliminated the Olympic champion. disastrous day for Georgia . not having a single finalist. that's probably the price of sending your best wrestlers to U23 competitions ! I expect better competitions tomorrow. other 5 weights are more interesting to watch in Europe

last not least, the stadium sounds empty the whole day. I rarely hear a sound expect from the coaches lol

On 06/04/2019 at 22:57, MHSN said:

looking forward to this competition. unlike Asian Champs for example. European countries usually take this very seriously.

but Iranian news websites posted a picture of Azerbaijan team and guess what. they naturalized another Iranian wrestler :d  Mohammad Reza Azarshakib ! I wonder if they are very weak in super heavyweight or Azarshakib improved a lot recently cuz the last time I saw him he was still a terrible wrestler :p this will be interesting to see what he can do here.

he will be the 4th Iranian wrestler (and the first freestyle wrestler) representing Azerbaijan after Sabah Shariati, Saman Tahmasebi and Masoud Hashemzadeh ! at least there is an "Azar" in his name :d

PS: unlike other sports, these guys go to Azerbaijan only when nobody wants them here. Azarshakib could never make the team here. so I understand him. still I wish the worst of luck for him since I don't like mercenaries beside that he was a terrible person too.

and he lost to :KOS Egzon Shala in the preliminary round! (Pinned when 13-9 down, according to UWW's website)...

meanwhile, :ITA Frank Chamizo won 3-0 against :RUS Timur Bizhoev his opening bout...

now he has to face :BUL Miroslav Kirov in the quarterfinals...

meh...easy but still not fully convincing win (5-0 "only") for Frank...:mumble:

p.s. by the way, that "new" :SMR San Marino guy (Myles Nazem Amine) in the 86kg class! :yikes:

he won easily against :LAT Ivar Samusonoks and then he beat also :GEO Sandro Aminashvili! :hyper:

now he's in the quarterfinals against :RUS Vladislav Valiev...

I wonder what he could do with an easier draw...

let's go :SMR SMR! :cheer:

16 hours ago, MHSN said:

the stadium sounds empty the whole day. I rarely hear a sound expect from the coaches lol

True; it was a strange crowd yesterday, made up of some kids and a lot of old guys who behaved like they were attending an opera performance. Maybe they were shy :) However, today the spectators were more lively, and even cheered for the Romanian competitors

44 minutes ago, phelps said:

and he lost to :KOS Egzon Shala in the preliminary round! (Pinned when 13-9 down, according to UWW's website)...

Yeah it was hard to not laugh after I saw the score. :d he is a former World Junior medalist but the last time I saw him he was terrible and that was 2-3 years ago. I still can't understand how he made the Azerbaijan NT.

not a good day for Russia. they already lost 3 and will lose 125kg too. only Valiev remains to win the gold. have to mention they didn't send their very best wrestlers in some weights.

early lead and cruise control mode on! 6-2 the final score for :ITA Frank Chamizo in the semifinal match against :AZE Khadzhimurad Gadzhiyev...

definitely a better performance by our top wrestler than the quarterfinal's (I haven't seen the round #1 bout , so I just can't say anything about that)...

tomorrow's final will be against :FRA Zelimkhan Khadjiev...and hopefully he's gonna win another Gold for Italy (he just can't lose against a man like the French with Chechnyan heritage)...

Edited by phelps

1 hour ago, MHSN said:

Russia lost another gold. Suleyman Atli just manhandled M. Sadulaev :d

Family of the only real Sadulaev? :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

Family of the only real Sadulaev? :p 

no I don't think so but I'm not sure. hard to believe he has a brother or cousin this small :d

so two golds for Turkey and two for Azerbaijan and Sadullaev will win the last one, Hushtyn was injured after the semifinal not sure if he even shows up. The Russian 79kg didn't show up either.