website statistics

Wrestling UWW European Championships 2019

Totallympics

2 minutes ago, zob79 said:

What happened to Elitsa Yankova? she was top class at some point, even won the bronze in Rio...

I'm so frustrated with how things went with here. She was mostly injured in 2017 and 18, and i'm afraid to say, maybe lost some interest after Rio. She was in february on the Dan Kolov tournament, but i think she lost her first match. She is probably in bad form again, to not make the team. A real shame us her situation.

Team Romania 

Freestyle:  

57 kg - Andrei Dukov

61 kg - Nikolai Okhlopkov

65 kg - George Bucur

70 kg - Evgeni Volcov

74 kg - Maxim Vasilioglo

79 kg - Omaraskhab Nazhmudinov

86 kg - Mihai Palaghia

92 kg - Adrian Recorean

97 kg - Michael Manea

125 kg - Rares Chintoan

Women:

50 kg - Ştefania Priceputu

53 kg - Suzanna Şeicariu

55 kg - Andreea Ana

57 kg - Denisa Fodor

59 kg - Katerina Zydachevska

62 kg - Georgiana Filip

65 kg - Kriszta Incze

68 kg - Adina Popescu

72 kg - Alexandra Anghel

76 kg - Diana Vlăsceanu

GR:

55 kg - Florin Tiţa

60 kg - Virgil Munteanu

63 kg - Mihai Mihuţ 

67 kg - Alexandru Solomon

73 kg - Ilie Cojocari 

77 kg - Vlad Mariea

82 kg - Adrian Agache

87 kg - Ionuţ Caraş

97 kg - Dorin Pirvan

130 kg - Alin Alexuc

3 hours ago, zob79 said:

It's a mistake in this thread; the competition starts on Monday 8th

It's not a mistake, Grappling European Championships start tomorrow in the same venue ;) (don't ask me what grappling is :lol:). Freestyle events will start on the 8th.

looking forward to this competition. unlike Asian Champs for example. European countries usually take this very seriously.

but Iranian news websites posted a picture of Azerbaijan team and guess what. they naturalized another Iranian wrestler :d  Mohammad Reza Azarshakib ! I wonder if they are very weak in super heavyweight or Azarshakib improved a lot recently cuz the last time I saw him he was still a terrible wrestler :p this will be interesting to see what he can do here.

he will be the 4th Iranian wrestler (and the first freestyle wrestler) representing Azerbaijan after Sabah Shariati, Saman Tahmasebi and Masoud Hashemzadeh ! at least there is an "Azar" in his name :d

PS: unlike other sports, these guys go to Azerbaijan only when nobody wants them here. Azarshakib could never make the team here. so I understand him. still I wish the worst of luck for him since I don't like mercenaries beside that he was a terrible person too.

11 minutes ago, MHSN said:

looking forward to this competition. unlike Asian Champs for example. European countries usually take this very seriously.

but Iranian news websites posted a picture of Azerbaijan team and guess what. they naturalized another Iranian wrestler :d  Mohammad Reza Azarshakib ! I wonder if they are very weak in super heavyweight or Azarshakib improved a lot recently cuz the last time I saw him he was still a terrible wrestler :p this will be interesting to see what he can do here.

he will be the 4th Iranian wrestler (and the first freestyle wrestler) representing Azerbaijan after Sabah Shariati, Saman Tahmasebi and Masoud Hashemzadeh ! at least there is an "Azar" in his name :d

PS: unlike other sports, these guys go to Azerbaijan only when nobody wants them here. Azarshakib could never make the team here. so I understand him. still I wish the worst of luck for him since I don't like mercenaries beside that he was a terrible person too.

any of them have Azeri background maybe?

Just now, DaniSRB said:

any of them have Azeri background maybe?

only Hashemzadeh. but we had an Azerbaijani user here who could claim everybody in the world has Azeri background unless proven otherwise :d they didn't go to Azerbaijan because of ethnic  ties, they went there for money. Hashemzadeh and Tahmasebi are now  living/coaching in Iran after finishing their career.

Shariati is from Qom, Tahmasebi was from Kurdistan and this guy Azarshakib is from Tehran. but Azarshakib's surname makes me think maybe he has a background there. (even though "Azar" has other meanings in Persian, this is also the 9th month in Iranian calendar, not necessarily related to that country)

there are 4 Azari provinces in Iran, (in north west of Iran) of course after decades people move around the country and marry people from other ethnic groups. someone grand grandfather coming from one of those Azari provinces doesn't make him one of them. in this case probably 60% of population here might have Azari background :d because those 4 provinces combined are bigger than the country of Azerbaijan.

On 04/04/2019 at 23:52, Sindo said:

It's not a mistake, Grappling European Championships start tomorrow in the same venue ;) (don't ask me what grappling is :lol:). Freestyle events will start on the 8th.

"Grappling is a style of Wrestling that combine technique originated in different sports such as Freestyle
Wrestling, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Luta Livre Brasileira, Catch Wrestling, Judo, Sambo, and the aim of the sport
consist in taking down and control the opponent on the ground and submit him using chokes and locks.

Grappling, allowing technique and holds from all the wrestling sports, has the most permissive rules set among
them. Being most of the fight spent on the ground, Grappling can be considered as one of the safest wrestling
sport to practice.
Grappling, of all the modern wrestling styles, is the closest to Ancient Greek wrestling or Pále (πάλη), that was
practiced in the old Olympic Games. Grappling is divided in 2 styles: Grappling, where athletes wear shorts and
a compression shirt called rashguard, and Grappling Gi, where athletes wear a kimono."

Rules and Regulations

https://unitedworldwrestling.org/sites/default/files/2019-03/190322_gp_rules_en.pdf

Tomorrow's Gold Medal matches

57kg: :TUR Suleyman ATLI vs :RUS Muslim SADULAEV

65kg: :AZE Haji ALIYEV vs :TUR Selahattin KILICSALLAYAN

70kg: :TUR Mustafa KAYA vs :AZE Aghahuseyn MUSTAFAYEV

79kg: :AZE Jabrayil HASANOV vs :RUS Akhmed GADZHIMAGOMEDOV

97kg: :RUS Abdulrashid SADULAEV vs :BLR Aliaksandr HUSHTYN