website statistics

Golf Qualification for Summer Olympic Games 2016

hckošice

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/20/2016 at 0:30 PM, Jur said:

Australian Adam Scott has withdrawn from the olympics too.

Really bad news for Olympic golf....:facepalm: He and Jason Day would made a very strong "team" for Australia..

it's a shame have an Olympic Sport where its best athletes don't want to take part on it  :wacko:

6 minutes ago, dareza said:

Im afraid that same will be with tennis in 2020 because there is no points for ranking.

I don't think points are a huge deal. The culture is also a bit different in tennis. Everyone playing tennis now grew up watching their idols playing at the Olympics, it essentially has become part of their schedule. Golf doesn't have that and it will take these pioneers to set things on the right track. Of course losing more top 15 players will not be helpful for the sport.

On 4/21/2016 at 6:16 PM, JoshMartini007 said:

I don't think points are a huge deal. The culture is also a bit different in tennis. Everyone playing tennis now grew up watching their idols playing at the Olympics, it essentially has become part of their schedule. Golf doesn't have that and it will take these pioneers to set things on the right track. Of course losing more top 15 players will not be helpful for the sport.

Exactly my thoughts! I think it's really bad for the olympic future of golf, but I totally undersand the players, they dream is to win the majors, the ryders cup, those were the dreams that they grew with, not winning an olympic medal...

Sur 26/4/2016 at 19:54 , kungshamra71 a déclaré:

Exactly my thoughts! I think it's really bad for the olympic future of golf, but I totally undersand the players, they dream is to win the majors, the ryders cup, those were the dreams that they grew with, not winning an olympic medal...

I don't think it's too woriisome yet. If tennis is anything to go by, the first tournament in Seoul was missing a lot of top tennis players (Wilander, Lendl, Becker, Noah, etc.)

It takes some time to establish it.

On 26/4/2016 at 19:54, kungshamra71 said:

None the less several of the absolute top players have embraced it and some even mention it as the target of the season.

I'm not too worried...