website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Your Own Excercise Thread

Agger

I'll start with my own race yesterday (thought it would be better to have it here than the Athletics discussion thread):

55857674_10218038251884390_6157843170899001344_n.jpg

The closest to a picture of my run is this (at least for now). It's me in red in the back of the group just before starting up the roof.

Considering that my 3k record is 13,36, 10,51 on 2k doesn't sound impressive, but I feel 90 % satisfied. it would be safe to say that about 30 seconds was lost on the roof where I lacked a bit of mental strength to get me all the way up running. Walked for a short bit but was cheered on to get running again by the Scotts at the top. Other than the roof, I was rather surprise by how easy it was. The water pit was no problem at all and the mud was pretty fine as well. The only mistake other than the roof would be going a bit too fast on one of the declines, which may have wasted a bit too much energy that I could have used on the roof. Maybe I also wasted a bit of energy and time showing off, even "fighting" the vikings in the bend. :p 

Overall I'm decently satisfied but would love to try the route again in a year with a sub-10 time as the target.

In general a very fine event with some great support and a route that was even tougher than expected, which was pretty clear when you saw the elite runners. Sadly I couldn't enjoy the elite races as much as I would have liked, as I was pretty focused on my own run.

Next up for me is a run in late august, where I'm aiming for a 12k. It's gonna be tough considering that I've never done more than 5½, but I believe in it.

1. I regularly train on my indoor bike, which started out to lose weight, but now that that's done, it's mostly to improve my own records and stuff like that. Which are impossible to compare with anything other than my own bike, so it's purely a fight against myself (and the occassional time my girlfriend uses it to keep training when she's here, but I'm significantly faster).

2. Last summer, as in many years, I started running: walking/running/walking/running to slowly improve the amount of running time and decrease the walking time. For the first time ever I did not give up, managed to finally run 5km without walking in between and am now working towards a half marathon this summer. I've ran 5km in 24:25, 10km in 53:15 and 15km in 1:27.08, my longest run ever is now (since this month) 16km. Half marathon is getting closer and closer.

3. Just for shits and giggles I asked my girlfriend to train me towards being able to do 30 consecutive push-ups, which is quite a lot harder than I thought. I'm at 20 though, 30 should be in reach soon.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

2. Last summer, as in many years, I started running: walking/running/walking/running to slowly improve the amount of running time and decrease the walking time. For the first time ever I did not give up, managed to finally run 5km without walking in between and am now working towards a half marathon this summer. I've ran 5km in 24:25, 10km in 53:15 and 15km in 1:27.08, my longest run ever is now (since this month) 16km. Half marathon is getting closer and closer.

If things work out with the 12k, a half marathon next year would without doubt be my next target.

Just now, Agger said:

If things work out with the 12k, a half marathon next year would without doubt be my next target.

My sort of ultimate goal for this year would be to do it within two hours. That means an average per kilometer of 5:40 minutes (actually 5:41 or 5:42, but 5:40 makes for a lot easier mental maths during the run :p), so far I've been able to keep that pace for one hour, I haven't tried it for longer yet.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

My 2018 was a pretty bad training year for me. My plan was to begin at athletics again after a 2 years break, but my studies took too much of my time. In November 2018, I decided to begin powerlifting in my local gym. I have followed my protocol strickly, and in the end of April, I'm going to attempt new PRs in Squat, Deadlift and Bench Press. I hope I will make them.

The plan for the Summer is to finally begin at athletics again in the local club. I will see if I can improve my former PRs in High Jump, Long Jump and Triple Jump. 

Other than powerlifting, I just do some few kilometres on the treadmill. I hate running, so it is a nightmare. In the winter, I hope to play a team sport again. I have played floorball and volleyball for many years, so it will likely be one of those. Basketball has also lurk my interest, so that could also be an option. 

At least 2019 has started much better training wise than 2018 and it will hopefully continue like that. 

Training goals for 2019:

- Improve my PRs in powerlifting

- Begin to athletics

- Play a team sport

Edited by wumo26

well, I must admit that I've never been perfectly fit, but at least I've always tried to keep in decent shape until the end of my studying years and Military service...

I used to play handball (at competitive level, my team won the regional championship once and was 3rd twice during the boys class years...then when I switched to the cadet class, the new team wasn't that good and moreover in the second year I ijured my right knee, so, well conscious that I'd have never had a pro career, I decided to give up playing), swimming (I was good in the short distances of freestyle and backstroke, but I never tried to compete seriously) and occasionally having some fun with my friends at the playground (playing some futsal and some basketball, but, as I wrote, just for fun and nothing more)...

then, once my studies and my Military service were over, a new life started...

and nowadays my daily excercise is something like this:

morning session:

image.pngor image.png

mid-day session:

image.png or image.png

evening session:

image.pngor image.png

+

image.png or image.png

and in between those epic efforts...

image.png

Well, since I’m not 3,000 years old like the rest of you, I’m still very active. My dieting is probably just as bad though. So in my life I’ve played:

Baseball (11 seasons (stopped around playing around 12/13)

Basketball (1 season)

Football/Soccer (1 season)

Cross Country (9 years) (still competing)

Track (7 years) (have a meet in 2 weeks)

American Flag Football (3 seasons)

Swimming (3 years) (looking to get back into it)

Recently I’ve taken up some sports as hobbies, that when I have more, I hopefully can compete in:

Roller Speed Skating (1 year)

Cycling (on and off for years)

Sport Climbing (attempting to make it onto a college team)

Orienteering (trying to get back into it)

Sports is very much a huge part of my life. However, I’ve never really found greatness in anything (I’m hoping to find success in Sport Climbing/Orienteering/Cycling). Nonetheless I’ve really enjoyed playing sports and I look forward to sharing more of my athletic pursuits here.

Personal Records:

3k 14:51

5k 21:52

1km Speed Skating (on asphalt) 2:19

6km Speed Skating (on asphalt) 17:07

Cycling 4k 11:30 (haven’t attempted to beat it in 2 years, probably could)

Triple Jump 10.8m

Climbing 10b (my most difficult climb on the route ranking system (3rd of 9 levels)

Fun Fact: set my little league’s bunt record at 33 for one season.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Sure you're 3k PB isn't significantly faster if you take the 3k split of that 5k? :d

Also, how on earth does one play 11 seasons of baseball in 12/13 years of life?

Edited by heywoodu