website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Your Own Excercise Thread

Agger

1 minute ago, Quasit said:

I'm not athletic and I haven't really run a lot in my life but I had that opportunity to run 800m on a track today. I did it for a test, didn't give up running and for the first time in my life I completed an 800m race (never did as a kid). I now hold a PB of 5:08 minutes. :cheer:

800m is about as far as I got when pushing it to the limit before starting my life of more exercise, so that's a job very well done :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

8 minutes ago, Quasit said:

I'm not athletic and I haven't really run a lot in my life but I had that opportunity to run 800m on a track today. I did it for a test, didn't give up running and for the first time in my life I completed an 800m race (never did as a kid). I now hold a PB of 5:08 minutes. :cheer:

Well if you knock around 3:30 off that you’ll get an Olympic quota for Italy :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Well if you knock around 3:30 off that you’ll get an Olympic quota for Italy :p

Maybe I can also get a tripartite quota. We have a refugee team participating, why not a Team Coubertin, another "white flag country"? :p

Spoiler

Though there are 200+ events I'd rather want to compete in.

Edited by Quasit

Stopped watching sports, there are better things in life.

• 1 month later...

I've barely ran since my half marathon, since every time after I run for several days there is some sort of 'stingy' pain in my lower leg :mad:

I did pick up the bike (sort of a mountainbike/road bike hybrid) after a long time and did 65km Friday last week, 70km Wednesday and 80km yesterday :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Great to see so many people running on here!

I've been running for 2,5 years now. I used to play football for 10 years, so I had pretty decent stamina to start. My PBs are 19:40 (5K), 40:25 (10K), 1.01:23 (15K) and 1.29:37 (HM).  My next race is a 30K trail, I won't be going for speed but just for the experience. I've been struggling with achilles injury since the 1.29 Half, so no new PRs on the horizon sadly.

I’ve been running competitively for 10 years now. This is the first year that I will not. I’ve had no incentive to exercise what so ever this summer. I’ve put on about 20 pounds this summer, which is a build deal for a distance runner. I honestly don’t know if I’ll run again.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

38 minutes ago, Jinzha said:

Great to see so many people running on here!

I've been running for 2,5 years now. I used to play football for 10 years, so I had pretty decent stamina to start. My PBs are 19:40 (5K), 40:25 (10K), 1.01:23 (15K) and 1.29:37 (HM).  My next race is a 30K trail, I won't be going for speed but just for the experience. I've been struggling with achilles injury since the 1.29 Half, so no new PRs on the horizon sadly.

You need about 1 1/2- 2 months for a full recovery from a HM, so you may just be feeling some side effects from that.

2 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

You need about 1 1/2- 2 months for a full recovery from a HM, so you may just be feeling some side effects from that.

Yeah definitely! I totally messed up the recovery.

The 1.29 was the peak of a long training period without races, but then 2 weeks later I ran another all out 6 km race (in 24 minutes). It was an event of my former university, so I really wanted to perform. My body wasn't quite as keen on the idea though and I could barely walk afterwards due to the achilles pains.

2 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

That just really depends on a billion factors :p