website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Your Own Excercise Thread

Agger

1 hour ago, dcro said:

Totallympics took too much of your time? :(

Ball got too fast for me :(. Wasn’t fun anymore.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just improved my distance record of 16km (two weeks ago) and ran 17,5km :cheer: 

Under 1:44, so an average of a little over 10km/h which is my 'minimum' average for running. Especially when I'm going for a long run it makes it easy to keep track of whether or not I'm on schedule :) 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Didn't register yet, but considering all factors (it has to be in June since that's when my girlfriend is here and it should be relatively close to home) I'm probably gonna make my half marathon debut on 16 June :d 

Amersfoort half, here we come.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't been feeling good (mentally speaking) this week, something going on that eats at me and bothers me all day long, yet I managed to run my fastest 5km ever this morning :) PB went from 24:25 to 24:17 :)

Which makes me very confident I can go sub-24 when I'm feeling better. 

Edited by heywoodu

• 2 weeks later...

This week I ran 20km for the first time, 2.5km further than I've ever done before :cheer: 

Sure, not with any significant speed yet (2:08), but it was about the distance, faster times come later. Feeling more and more confident for my half marathon debut on 16 June :) 

Little update of my own:

I finished my track season for the year, nothing spectacular. I really struggled to find motivation in the last few weeks, but did set my new PR in the Long Jump.

Long Jump PR: 5.41m

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 5 weeks later...

Oh crap, race week is here :p 

Sunday is my first ever half marathon and we've received our start numbers a few days ago. Starting to get a little nervous now :p 

13 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Oh crap, race week is here :p 

Sunday is my first ever half marathon and we've received our start numbers a few days ago. Starting to get a little nervous now :p 

As long as you go inside 1:20, you will be okay.

#banbestmen

6 minutes ago, dcro said:

As long as you go inside 1:20, you will be okay.

Yeah.....I'm going for 10km/h AKA 2:06 (basically) :p