website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Your Own Excercise Thread

Agger

3 minutes ago, justony said:

Yes, only one time, other than that, I fight for 2 hour mark, I ran so far 3 half marathons.

In my debut half marathon last year my legs basically died after 18-19km or so and the rest was just a pathetic attempt at finishing (which I did in a little under 2:05), so 1:50 is a lot better than 'not impressive' in my book :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

I'm going to be running my 3rd half marathon in about a month, but I'm really struggling to put in training hours now that I'm working full time and commute 2 hrs a day.

Last year I was super fit and ran a 1.29:30, but I fear it will be significantly slower now.

12 hours ago, Jinzha said:

I'm going to be running my 3rd half marathon in about a month, but I'm really struggling to put in training hours now that I'm working full time and commute 2 hrs a day.

Last year I was super fit and ran a 1.29:30, but I fear it will be significantly slower now.

CPC? :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

20km :cheer: 

Again no bottle or gel or anything :lol: Although I could have used it if I had it, things got a bit hard towards the end. I was trying to go for 22km (meaning I'd be certain I ran a half marathon distance for the first time) and after 18km that was still the plan, but after 19km my legs completely exploded and I had to fight to complete the 20k without walking, that worked :) 

First 20k since May!

I went for a run in like the first time in year just now, and I’m about ready to chop off my legs. I realized just how out of shape I am. At least I’m on the running grind now (and I’m hoping to get back on the climbing grind too). I’ll be looking to target some 5km races, and maybe a few orienteering races, this year. If I get really motivated over the summer, I might go for a triathlon in autumn.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Alrighty, 4 consecutive days of running in the bag. Managed to get my 2 mile (3.22km ish) time under 18:00. My PR at that distance is 14:30, so still quite a way to go before I’m in that kind of shape, but at least I’m doing pretty well for my first week running.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

@heywoodu @Agger @Jinzha @justony we should form a “Totallympics” team and do this:https://www.wingsforlifeworldrun.com/en (explanation below) 

I’ve wanted to do it for ever, but I’ve never been prepared. I think I could do it this year (the mobile phone app version), and I’d love to do it as a team. Essentially, what happens is: Everybody in the world starts the race at the same time (no matter where they are). Their is a “chase” car that chases the runners at a pre-set pace. The goal is to go as far as you can before the “catcher” car catches you. At the “flagship” runs a bunch of people (thousands) come together and are chased by a physical car. Everybody else uses the app (which is what I’d be down to do with y’all). There are two options for the “app run”. First, you can go to a smaller version of a “flagship” run where there’s no chase car, but there’s still a tone of people, and you get a bib and what not. The second option is you download the app, and you run (wherever you want with service/data) until the app tells you the car has caught you. I’d love to form team and see how we can do. I’m not sure about price, but from my understanding the app run should be free, or quiet cheap (though this is a fundraiser for spinal injury research, so it’d honestly be rude not to pay a little). 

Not a bad idea, although I'll have to practice running with my phone a bit :d