website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Your Own Excercise Thread

Agger

Well. Meanwhile my target for the next year will be a half marathon. Haven't decided which yet, but most likely the local one in mid june. Before that I consider participating in a 16km "test race" in may and a 10km or 2 during the winter.

But first a 5km charity race this sunday :p No time target for that one, but I'll be trying for a decent pace.

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

My goals are sub-50 minute 10k and sub-20 minute 5k for the 2 races. I’m optimistic about the 10k goal, but the 5k will be a huge challenge.

I'm slightly optimistic about the 10k goal with some more training, but sub-20 for 5k is really a few bridges too far for me. That's an average of 4 minutes per kilometer, which is something I haven't even done for one single kilometer yet.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, Agger said:

Well. Meanwhile my target for the next year will be a half marathon. Haven't decided which yet, but most likely the local one in mid june. Before that I consider participating in a 16km "test race" in may and a 10km or 2 during the winter.

But first a 5km charity race this sunday :p No time target for that one, but I'll be trying for a decent pace.

I'm going for the same, my goal being to this time actually run until the finish :d (meaning I'll have to train more and, most importantly, keep myself under control in the first half of the race)

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

I'm slightly optimistic about the 10k goal with some more training, but sub-20 for 5k is really a few bridges too far for me. That's an average of 4 minutes per kilometer, which is something I haven't even done for one single kilometer yet.

Yeah you just wrote to me in a foreign language. I have no clue about my minute/kilo pace. Minute/miles is what I aim for. Realistically I’ll need 7:30 minute mile splits.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

Yeah you just wrote to me in a foreign language. I have no clue about my minute/kilo pace. Minute/miles is what I aim for. Realistically I’ll need 7:30 minute mile splits.

Ah yeah, USA is still behind the civilized world in terms of which system is used, sorry :p 

Running 5k under 20 minutes means 4 minutes per kilometer, or 6:26 minutes per mile.

48 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Ah yeah, USA is still behind the civilized world in terms of which system is used, sorry :p 

Running 5k under 20 minutes means 4 minutes per kilometer, or 6:26 minutes per mile.

Or what I’m aiming for 6:30 miles with a damn good last 300m split :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

10 minutes ago, dcro said:

You would need to cover those 300m in 1:01 then.

Oh that’s not bad actually, that’s very doable. My 400m PR is like :57 or :58

No official timing for that 5km charity race, but got it to 24,09 myself. Not my best 5k. Started a bit too optimistic and the route had a decently long uphill , which was tough for me during the second lap (2x2,5) so I'm satisfied.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I gave up on running, but so far it’s paid off well for my climbing and skating

Last night I topped a 5.10a (6a) route in my gym for the first time. I almost climbed another 5.10a last night too, but fell off 2/3 the way up. The 5.10a I did too was probably the best climbing I ever did and the best route reading I ever did. 

Last week I also skated around 20km in one day (because I had meetings at odd times).

Next week I’m hoping for my first 5.10b (6a+) Route, or my first V3 (6a)/V4 (6b) Boulder at the gym. Also, I’m working on getting a pair of professional grads inline Speed skates.