website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Your Own Excercise Thread

Agger

That's a very decent time though :bowdown:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

16 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

That's a very decent time though :bowdown:

Yup. Looking at pace tables, I should be in shape for more or less a 1:50 half marathon :p But the 2 hour mark is still the target.

I've started considering Copenhagen half as my backup race if my planned half is cancelled or postponed to a bad day (I doubt it will happen on the original day). Could be useful to go with the world's fastest half marathon.

A new date has already been found for the local half marathon. It'll be october 11th. I'll give it a bit of time to find out whether I'll go for that one or Copenhagen about a month earlier.

There will be some kind of "virtual half marathon" on the actual day which I guess I'll go for.

That's the Amersfoort half marathon down the drain, where I made my debut last year and was registered for this year. The new date for the 10th edition is 13 June 2021, so on 14 June this year I guess I'll have another half marathon on my own.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Next race tomorrow where Denmark will be "running together". The people behind the major races in Denmark has joined together to host a major event online. About 20.000 are expected to participate on either 5, 10 or halfmarathon. I'll be going for the 10km, but I don't think it'll be a fast one as my legs are a bit tired (think I'll only do 2 runs next week) and there'll be an online party tonight :p

We'll see how I feel tomorrow. Luckily it's slightly later than the last online race.

What can I say? After 2 tough runs where my legs didn't feel at their best, something just worked today giving me my first sub-50 10k. At the moment I'm no 762 out of 4555 registering their times at the 10k. I'm sure some will register a better time while I would also guess that some people do it wrong making their times better than reality (when the first 5k runners started registering, one did show a new 5km world record for women by about half a minute. I guess it has been deleted or edited by now).

About 31.000 registered making it one of the largest running events in Denmark.

About half have registered a time by now in one of the 5 events (5, 10 and halfmarathon run and 5 and 10km walk)

2 minutes ago, Agger said:

What can I say? After 2 tough runs where my legs didn't feel at their best, something just worked today giving me my first sub-50 10k. At the moment I'm no 762 out of 4555 registering their times at the 10k. I'm sure some will register a better time while I would also guess that some people do it wrong making their times better than reality (when the first 5k runners started registering, one did show a new 5km world record for women by about half a minute. I guess it has been deleted or edited by now).

About 31.000 registered making it one of the largest running events in Denmark.

About half have registered a time by now in one of the 5 events (5, 10 and halfmarathon run and 5 and 10km walk)

I wonder if they'd accept someone posting a 42 minute time or so for the 10km walk (not knowing it could be a race walker) :d 

Sub-50 though, that is impressive!

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I wonder if they'd accept someone posting a 42 minute time or so for the 10km walk (not knowing it could be a race walker) :d 

Sub-50 though, that is impressive!

As it really isn't that much of a race, they do accept everything, but I do believe they would question it. 

The best 10km walk is 49:18 :p

1 minute ago, Agger said:

As it really isn't that much of a race, they do accept everything, but I do believe they would question it. 

The best 10km walk is 49:18 :p

That is still freakishly fast :yikes: Well over ten minutes behind the WR, but damn, walking 10k in less than 5:00/km :lol: 

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

That is still freakishly fast :yikes: Well over ten minutes behind the WR, but damn, walking 10k in less than 5:00/km :lol: 

More than 4 minutes slower than the walkers PB :p (Danish Champion Andreas W Nielsen)