website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Your Own Excercise Thread

Agger

11 minutes ago, Agger said:

When going above an hour, do you run with a bottle, @heywoodu?

I'm starting to get to the point where I need to consider hydration and nutrition during the run, and haven't quite figured out how I'll do it yet.
I have a belt with up to 4 small bottles and did my first test using 2 today. 2 isn't much of a problem, but when using 4 I think it'll be rather irritating.

I think I ran with a bottle only once, when it was really way too hot during the summer. For example Wednesday I ran 1:32 hours (15km) and at no point did I even think about wanting something to drink (I even came home, relaxed a little, had a shower, turned on the washing machine and only then picked something to drink :p ).

I didn't do it this time, but I do sometimes bring a few of those 'gels' with me as a sort of basic nutrition.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

1 hour ago, Agger said:

When going above an hour, do you run with a bottle, @heywoodu?

I'm starting to get to the point where I need to consider hydration and nutrition during the run, and haven't quite figured out how I'll do it yet.
I have a belt with up to 4 small bottles and did my first test using 2 today. 2 isn't much of a problem, but when using 4 I think it'll be rather irritating.

What I used to do is create my own checkpoints. I would place a bottle somewhere I knew I’d pass, and then I would stop and drink for second if I needed to during the run.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

I think I ran with a bottle only once, when it was really way too hot during the summer. For example Wednesday I ran 1:32 hours (15km) and at no point did I even think about wanting something to drink (I even came home, relaxed a little, had a shower, turned on the washing machine and only then picked something to drink :p ).

I didn't do it this time, but I do sometimes bring a few of those 'gels' with me as a sort of basic nutrition.

That sounds damn impressive. Don't think I would be doing that.

I am strongly considering going with some gels as well.

13 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

What I used to do is create my own checkpoints. I would place a bottle somewhere I knew I’d pass, and then I would stop and drink for second if I needed to during the run.

Have considered that as well, but I sadly don't really have a good place to put it.

26 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

You can bet your ass someone would either kick it away or let their dog piss on it here :p :facepalm:

Unless I put a bottle or something in the garden and run past the house to pick it up, but it's rather demotivating to pass home and knowing you've still got a good while to go.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

35 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

You can bet your ass someone would either kick it away or let their dog piss on it here :p :facepalm:

Unless I put a bottle or something in the garden and run past the house to pick it up, but it's rather demotivating to pass home and knowing you've still got a good while to go.

I put it up in the foothills. People were either too busy running, too busy having car sex, or busy doing drugs to steal it :p

@Agger what I do is I’d create a route that would go by my house every 5-10km, so that I could leave the bottle, and then I’d just chuck it back onto my property like a pro-cyclist. You could also elect to run with the bottle then if you need it.

You could also just do what climbers/outdoorists do, and just stash the bottle somewhere where no one, but you can find it.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 2 weeks later...

Just did 17km in a little under 1:41. That's my longest distance since my semi-succeeded half marathon debut in June (the longest distance since then was 15.4km in September) and it's well on pace for my plan for the 4 April half marathon (2:06, meaning 10 km/h or 6:00 min/km) :cheer: 

@Agger Still no bottle or anything and not even a gel or something :d 

When I came home I only drank something an hour later, at lunch. For whatever reason, drinking water right after a run like this doesn't always agree with me :p 

19 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Just did 17km in a little under 1:41. That's my longest distance since my semi-succeeded half marathon debut in June (the longest distance since then was 15.4km in September) and it's well on pace for my plan for the 4 April half marathon (2:06, meaning 10 km/h or 6:00 min/km) :cheer: 

@Agger Still no bottle or anything and not even a gel or something :d 

When I came home I only drank something an hour later, at lunch. For whatever reason, drinking water right after a run like this doesn't always agree with me :p 

Your body is weird...

Personally I did a 14km saturday. Was stupid enough to go to a party in shoes that aren't that supportive afterwards meaning that my legs were still sore when starting my 9km yesterday. (the rain didn't help) Got through it, but I'll end up one run down this week to give it a bit more recovery time.

Not planning to add any distance to the max for some weeks now.

I am running at around 7 organized runs every year, though results are not impressive.

5km 22:00

10km 51:00

21km 1:50:00

Longest distance run: 22 km

Also I play badminton all winter two times a week, running in hill, playing tennis in summer,...

Edited by justony

1 minute ago, justony said:

I am running at around 7 organized runs every year, though results are not impressive.

5km 22:00

10km 51:00

21km 1:50:00

Longest distance run: 22 km

Also I play badminton all winter two times a week, running in hill, playing times in summer,...

"Results are not impressive"

Posts a half marathon in 1:50 :lol: