website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Your Own Excercise Thread

Agger

Just now, Agger said:

But you're way ahead on experience! :mumble:

Yes, that's my advantage. One official half marathon more than you :d 

So I now know really not to start too fast and when you think "Oh this is going well", you're starting too fast :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

15 minutes ago, Agger said:

Slightly wet morning but I'm on my way.

Result will be online here: https://www.aarhusmotion.dk/event/153/resultater/980557

Good luck! :cheer: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Another race beating my target pace by quite a bit. Followed the 5:30-pace for a bit more than 3 km but then upped it a bit finishing at just above 53 minutes meaning a 5:18 average. Pretty satisfied but it's very clear that I still have a long way to that half marathon as I really didn't have much left in the tank.

But once again my gps showed its problems when it was half a km ahead halfways. It did stay there though, so 10,57km at 5:03 average according to my phone :p

Just above 53 minutes is more than excellent :bowdown: 

Ever tried running a bit slower? That'd make the half marathon a lot easier :d 

1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

Just above 53 minutes is more than excellent :bowdown: 

Ever tried running a bit slower? That'd make the half marathon a lot easier :d 

Considering that my GPS is off by about 50m/km most normal excercise runs areat about 2 hour pace, so yeah :p

Today I just got competitive when feeling great after a few km following the pace without trouble. No doubt that I need to focus more on following in the future when the distances go up (starting next week), but really the pace is my weakness. Sometimes it it goes up and down quite a bit.

Yeah that annoying GPS thing is why I'm planning to set my watch on a 22km countdown for the estimated finish time instead of selecting 'Half marathon'. If I go with 22km and it says I'm on pace for 2:00-2:02 or something, I'm pretty confident that means sub-2 hour for the actual half marathon :p 

23 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Yeah that annoying GPS thing is why I'm planning to set my watch on a 22km countdown for the estimated finish time instead of selecting 'Half marathon'. If I go with 22km and it says I'm on pace for 2:00-2:02 or something, I'm pretty confident that means sub-2 hour for the actual half marathon :p 

sounds reasonable.

When going above an hour, do you run with a bottle, @heywoodu?

I'm starting to get to the point where I need to consider hydration and nutrition during the run, and haven't quite figured out how I'll do it yet.
I have a belt with up to 4 small bottles and did my first test using 2 today. 2 isn't much of a problem, but when using 4 I think it'll be rather irritating.