website statistics

Summer Sports World Championships Medal Counts in the Road to Tokyo 2020

Sindo

1 minute ago, phelps said:

I guess Field Hockey and Baseball/Softball (with the friendly cooperation of women's Waterpolo and Handball) would do most of the job...:p

And I wonder if korfball counts :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Sindo said:

Updated as of August 3rd, 2019

What are the two Olympic events that aren't counted in the "Latest World Championships Medal Count"? (there will be 339 events in Tokyo, and the current medal counts list 337 gold medals)

Edited by Vektor

17 minutes ago, Vektor said:

What are the two Olympic events that aren't counted in the "Latest World Championships Medal Count"? (there will be 339 events in Tokyo, and the current medal counts list 337 gold medals)

One has to be athletics 4x400 mixed relay, because there hasn't been a world Championships in this discipline so far.

1 hour ago, Vektor said:

Thanks for reporting ! It's fixed now, I forgot to add the Women's FIFA World Cup, this brings the total number to 338, and:

1 hour ago, EselTheDonkey said:

One has to be athletics 4x400 mixed relay, because there hasn't been a world Championships in this discipline so far.

This event was already in the medal count, I counted the 4x400 mixed relay from the 2017 IAAF World Relays. The only missing World Championships is Men's Basketball, because the only World Cup of the quadriennium will start in a few weeks ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Was trying to compare how we are doing compared to 2016 but could not locate the same thread ( though i remember seeing it for 2016 ) so where would i find world championship medalists

for 2016 ?

strength does not come from physical capacity but from an indomitable will. - Gandhi