website statistics

Totallympics Records and Statistics

OlympicIRL

Just now, OlympicIRL said:

Another good thing I noticed recently is there are some new threads springing up. In the past we used to get lots of ideas for threads, even polls and things sparking discussions. So get thinking of new ideas people :d:d. I might open up some threads again like polls on favourite Olympic mascot or logo and so on.... we used to have those in the past. But that is just a tiny example :d 

I think people, including me, are too afraid of opening new threads because at some point it'll probably be shoved into a general thread anyway :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

I think people, including me, are too afraid of opening new threads because at some point it'll probably be shoved into a general thread anyway :p 

"Afraid" is such a big word, am I so scary ? :pope: Now I am following a non-written rule to have a thread for a sport event for all those events with 5 or more posts in the thread. With less posts it should go in the discussion thread, to avoid having too many threads with very few posts. So every user can open a thread for a sport event he thinks there will be more than 5 posts.

Just now, Sindo said:

"Afraid" is such a big word, am I so scary ? :pope: Now I am following a non-written rule to have a thread for a sport event for all those events with 5 or more posts in the thread. With less posts it should go in the discussion thread, to avoid having too many threads with very few posts. So every user can open a thread for a sport event he thinks there will be more than 5 posts.

Fistball :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Just now, Sindo said:

Yeah but I mean also about other kind of things. For example in cycling or football a thread for transfer could be interesting, just to mention an easy example off the top of my head.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

15 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I recruit where I go. I’ve gotten a few people to join here and there, but a lot of people are joining just by finding us, which is awesome.

You sure do :) . Thanks for letting me know of this forum.

I don't post as much as some of the others, but as mostly a sports spectator I don't have much to share. No juicy inside information or interesting trivia. It's great to see everyone from different nations sharing their perspectives in the tournament threads (like the tour, volleybal qualifiers, athletics  EUchampionships (U20, U23, team)).

Just now, Jinzha said:

You sure do :) . Thanks for letting me know of this forum.

I don't post as much as some of the others, but as mostly a sports spectator I don't have much to share. No juicy inside information or interesting trivia. It's great to see everyone from different nations sharing their perspectives in the tournament threads (like the tour, volleybal qualifiers, athletics  EUchampionships (U20, U23, team)).

There are some more fan friendly posts in the Totallympics Mixed Zone on the home page. There are a few things you can vote on and share. I’d recommend taking a look.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 4 weeks later...

Time for some quarterly updates in terms of Totallympics stats.....

User Group and Active User Statistics

Totallympics User Groups Statistics
Number of Registered Users 640
Number of Users in User Group: Newbie 344
Number of Users in User Group: Member 67
Number of Users in User Group: Senior Member 35
Number of Users in User Group: Fanatic 41
Number of Users in User Group: Addicted 54
Number of Users in User Group: Professional 28
Number of Users in User Group: World Class 21
Number of Users in User Group: Bronze Medallist 18
Number of Users in User Group: Silver Medallist 17
Number of Users in User Group: Gold Medallist 3
Number of Users in User Group: Superstar 2
Number of Users in User Group: Legend 1
Number of Users in User Group: Grand Master 0
Number of Users in User Group: G.O.A.T. 0
Number of Users in User Group: Admin / Prediction Contest 9

League Table of Nations per Number of Active Users

Updated as of September, 2019

Note:

For the purposes of this table, an active user shall be defined as any registered member who has posted something, reacted to another post or updated their profile within the past 12 months.

Rank   Nation No. of Users
1   :IND India 23
2   :POL Poland 20
3   :BUL Bulgaria 15
4   :GBR Great Britain 14
4   :ITA Italy 14
6   :CRO Croatia 12
7   :BRA Brazil 10
7   :SRB Serbia 10
9   :CAN Canada 9
9   :FRA France 9
9   :USA United States 9
12   :ESP Spain 8
13   :GER Germany 7
13   :HUN Hungary 7
13   :NED Netherlands 7
16   :ROU Romania 6
17   :EGY Egypt 4
17   :GRE Greece 4
17   :RUS Russia 4
17   :SWE Sweden 4
21   :ARG Argentina 3
21   :CHN China 3
21   :CZE Czech Republic 3
21   :IRI Iran 3
21   :IRL Ireland 3
21   :LTU Lithuania 3
21   :SLO Slovenia 3
28   :ALG Algeria 2
28   :AUS Australia 2
28   :CHI Chile 2
28   :COL Colombia 2

:DEN Denmark 2
28   :EST Estonia 2
28   :MEX Mexico 2
28   :NZL New Zealand 2
28   :POR Portugal 2
28   :TUN Tunisia 2
28   :TUR Turkey 2
28   :UKR Ukraine 2
40   :AUT Austria 1
40   :AZE Azerbaijan 1
40   :BEL Belgium 1
40   :FIN Finland 1
40   :INA Indonesia 1
40   :JPN Japan 1
40   :KAZ Kazakhstan 1
40   :MLT Malta 1
40   :MDA Moldova 1
40   :MNE Montenegro 1
40   :NOR Norway 1
40   :PAR Paraguay 1
40   :PHI Philippines 1
40   :PUR Puerto Rico 1
40   :SVK Slovakia 1
40   :SUI Switzerland 1
40   :URU Uruguay 1
40   :VEN Venezuela 1

Total Number of Nations

Total Number of Users

Rank   Nation No. of Nations No. of Users
1   Europe 34 173
2   Americas 11 41
3   Asia 7 33
4   Africa 3 8
5   Oceania 2 4

India remain at the top of the table in terms of most active users with a total of 23, followed by Poland with 20 active users and Bulgaria in 3rd place with 15 active users.

It was a fantastic quarter as we added 3 nations and 27 active users (net active user gain of +18) since the previous quarter.

Puerto Rico debut on the list, while we welcome back Kazakhstan and Switzerland to the list of active nations after both fell off the table in the last quarter.

Meanwhile, Hungary added a whopping 6 users to their active user total to move up to a total of 7.

Here is the breakdown of active user gains / losses per nation in the latest quarter:

Active User Gains:

Hungary + 6

Canada +3

France +3

Great Britain +2

Spain +2

Algeria +1

Chile +1

China +1

Croatia +1

Egypt +1

Lithuania +1

Netherlands +1

Puerto Rico +1

Romania +1

Switzerland +1

United States +1

Active User Gains: +27 users

Active Nation Gains: +3 Nations (Kazakhstan, Puerto Rico, Switzerland)

Active User Losses:

Turkey -2

Brazil -1

Czech Republic -1

India -1

Indonesia -1

Philippines -1

Poland -1

Sweden -1

Active User Losses: -9 users

Active Nation Losses: 0

Active User Net Gain / Loss: +18 Users

Active Nations Net Gain / Loss: +3 Nations

Next update will be in January at the start of the new quarter.

When does one become Grand Master? :evil: 

Just now, heywoodu said:

From the month of our gracious overlord @Sindo 

User groups have been updated as follows:

Newbie: 0-9 Posts

Member: 10-24 Posts

Senior Member: 25-49 Posts

Totallympics Fanatic: 50-99 Posts

Totallympics Addicted: 100-249 Posts

Totallympics Professional: 250-499 Posts

Totallympics World Class: 500-999 Posts

Totallympics Bronze Medallist: 1000-1999 Posts

Totallympics Silver Medallist: 2000-4999 Posts

Totallympics Gold Medallist: 5000-9999 Posts

Totallympics Superstar: 10000-19999 Posts

Totallympics Legend: 20000-29999 Posts

Totallympics Grand Master: 30000-49999 Posts

Totallympics G.O.A.T. 50000 Posts on

I see user groups have not been updated yet according to the new scale, not sure if that's automatic after some time or if I have to set something, but I will check in the next days.

Medals in the profile are given according to the "reputation" (number of "Like", "Thanks" and "Haha" received) and it's according to the following scale:

8 hours ago, heywoodu said:

I will now be 13 posts from becoming a gold medalist. A very fair title for a user named Olympian :p

Edited by Olympian1010